• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So are all print heads made by the same people??? Best place to by Mimaki jv3 heads

chubby

So should I spend 1200 for a mimaki head from tubelite or buy from third party for around 800???? Is the extra money a waste or a better product???

MikePro

3rd party. my last batch $600 printheads are still going strong, now 3yrs later.

pretty safe to assume that they're all coming from the same facility, or at least the same country. it is just who orders what quantities, or wants to unload them quickly, or deserves a $500 markup for putting a pic of a man in a cowboy-hat next to it, is what determines the prices from resellers.

artbot

there is no such thing as a "mimaki" head. i once took apart a three head unit for an epson 10000 (has three dx4's). under the epson head rank sticker was a roland head rank, then under that was a mimaki head rank sticker. i've heard there's even a "head rank convertor program" that can interpret ranks from one OEM to another.

inkmed

All DX4 solvent head made by Epson, choose third part supplier can save much money.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Robert M

Price and Serivce

If you want a good price and free live tech support, check us out at www.solventinkjet.com. We service printers as well as sell parts, so we can help trouble shoot your printer issues. Feel free to call us at 800-328-1306

phototec

3rd party. my last batch $600 printheads are still going strong, now 3yrs later.

pretty safe to assume that they're all coming from the same facility, or at least the same country. it is just who orders what quantities, or wants to unload them quickly, or deserves a $500 markup for putting a pic of a man in a cowboy-hat next to it, is what determines the prices from resellers.

So TRUE, that's why I STOPPED buying from the egomaniac, I don't like to pay for his catalog (photo album)....:ROFLMAO:

phototec

there is no such thing as a "mimaki" head. i once took apart a three head unit for an epson 10000 (has three dx4's). under the epson head rank sticker was a roland head rank, then under that was a mimaki head rank sticker. i've heard there's even a "head rank convertor program" that can interpret ranks from one OEM to another.

Yep, I have heard this before, and here is a vendor selling a Epson DX4 (solvent) print head for Roland, Mutoh, or Mimaki JV3 - $665.00.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DX4-print-head-solvent/855599315.html

:thumb: