• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So....has anybody ever...

Pat Whatley

I had a thought this morning while passing two people who had been pulled over by State Troopers in the nice new speed trap I get to drive through every morning.

Anybody ever gone and changed the speed limit on a sign? Even better...has anyone ever gotten a ticket for doing, say, 55 mph in a 45 mph zone, gone back and changed the sign to say 55, then disputed it in court and gotten out of a ticket?

Just a thought, I'll go back to work now.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Ahhh... the options us signmakers have....

Should we start in on your bail money now? Or wait for the YouTube video...

No, but I did get a ticket for 95 in a 45 back in the day..... would have been nice to be able to change the sign, but I don't think the judge would have believed it...... :)

petesign

We actually had that problem here. The city passed an ordinance to lower the speed limit to 35 instead of 45 on a road here. The city hadn't changed the speed limit sign yet, but was still writing tickets. Turns out it was legal for them to do so, but the public outcry was so bad that they didn't enforce it. This same city has since decided to charge people for police to come and write up accident reports.

Gotta love it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No, but I know a guy that made up a set of fake magnetics for the side of his vehicle to get free and close parking to a show. Worked like a champ.

How 'bout making up fake 'Handicapped' stickers for your mirror ?? I hate walking far in the cold..... and those spaces are usually empty. Such a waste of good parking.

iSign

or leaking photoshopped pics of the officer (or former officer) and a secret rendezvous with the daughter of the chief of Police...

iSign

I once had an employee make government vehicle inspection stickers.. turned out to be a very expensive way to get out of bringing his vehicle up to snuff

petesign

You could just make yourself one of those black square stickers with the blue line through it. That's how they know the person in the car is a cop and not to pull them over.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I'm thinking the $10,0000 fine (at least around here) for changing a street sign illegally would have me reconsider the investment.

I once had an employee make government vehicle inspection stickers.. turned out to be a very expensive way to get out of bringing his vehicle up to snuff

I had an employee (before I bought the company) who made a license plate sticker to avoid the $75.00 to renew his plates. Cost him MUCH more and some jail time when a random officer decided to run his plate and it came back as expired.

Craig Sjoquist

Lettered license plate stickers for self and friend we both got away with it till we bought real ones, but this is before they could run your plate through the computer in car.

Pat Whatley

Should we start in on your bail money now? Or wait for the YouTube video...

I'm not gonna be the test victim here. Maybe Mosh will give it a shot....his new av may have been the reason I thought of that this morning.

Attachments

• mosh.jpg
    mosh.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 92

Mikeifg

Grew up in the country, one night we stole some turn signs and some corn stalks and made a little detour from the road thru a bean field. Was funny when the local Sheriff came down the road stoped turned and all you could hear was the car hitting the dirt chunks in the field then he finally stopped got out cussing and yelling. Man that was fun...

10sacer

Saw a guy on a Hayabusa steadily running away from 2 state troopers a few weeks back. The troopers cars were actually bouncing as they tried to keep up which is just shy of losing control. If you go fast enough and haven't murdered anyone - eventually they will let you go. But either steal one or you better make sure to cover your tag or they will just meet you at your place with lots more friends.

When the US Open Golf tourney was held near here in Pinehurst we went out and stole 8 of the directional signs. Parked on the side of the road and used a dremel attached to an AC inverter in the van to quickly saw off the screws. In and out in 15 seconds or so.

Now I am older and have much more expensive stuff to lose.. like flatbed printers and such...