• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So I am on vacation in Florida......

tattoo.dan

and of course something has to go wrong...or maybe...

We are running flexi 10 and a graphtec plotter...

my employee says when he sends a job, the plotter goes through the motions like cutting but doesn't cut....

is there a setting to just trace that he turned on by accident?

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Could be the blade holder screw loosened.

Also, is he sending the pressure from the software or from the plotter?

HulkSmash

and of course something has to go wrong...or maybe...

We are running flexi 10 and a graphtec plotter...

my employee says when he sends a job, the plotter goes through the motions like cutting but doesn't cut....

is there a setting to just trace that he turned on by accident?

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Most likely the blade has fallen out, or sunken it

tattoo.dan

Yeah, blade holder was first thing I had him check...just called to have him check the actual blade and it is good.....idk...I do appreciate the suggestions guys..

tattoo.dan

yup...just like he said...goes right over the vinyl like it is cutting, blade moves up and down like cutting, but doesn't even touch the vinyl....weird...

tattoo.dan

here is a vid..if i attached it right....conditions are set on the plotter itself and they are right...idk

Attachments

• vid.zip
    344.8 KB · Views: 82

CS-SignSupply

Make sure the blade holder is seated properly.

If the plastic hook is under the lip of the blade holder, it will stop the blade from contacting the vinyl

See image

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 48

milchad

It could be in pen touch mode. I use cutting master 2 software, so I'm not sure how you would correct your issue.

Pat Whatley

Downforce in production manager turned to zero or the incorrect tool selected. If the settings on the plotter are correct and the blade holder is installed correctly that's about the only option you have left.

tattoo.dan

Downforce in production manager turned to zero or the incorrect tool selected. If the settings on the plotter are correct and the blade holder is installed correctly that's about the only option you have left.

Hey Pat, I had him send me a pic of the display on the cutter and all of the settings are right.....and that is where the downforce is set....is there some place in pm that I would have to have it set as well?

Pat Whatley

You can adjust the downforce in PM and those settings will over-ride whatever the settings on the actual plotter are. I know the display on my Summas will look correct but when I send a file they will change to whatever the PM settings are. As soon as the job is finished the Summa display will go back to normal.

At the CUT/PLOT screen tell him to go to OPTIONS then click the EDIT button. Tell him to uncheck TOOL, PRESSURE, and SPEED.

If you change your options in PM Flexi will save them with the job. If you open that job later it will use those settings. It's the lazy way to change things and it will come back to haunt you later. I had an employee who used to adjust his downforce in PM as the blade wore out. 10 years later there are still times I will pull up an old file he did to get a logo from it or to make a change to the old sign, set up and cut the vinyl, and the downforce will adjust itself and either be too light or too heavy. It only happens about once a month, not often enough to remind me to check it, just often enough to be a pain.

tattoo.dan

OMG! I think he did just want a day off!!!! lol

finally got the pic I asked him for YESTERDAY!

had to ask the secretary to do it for me....WOW

Exactly what Bobby had said, but I talked to my worker yesterday and he ASSURED me it was UNDER the clamp....

awesome...

thank you all so much for the help and suggestions.....

bad news is storm is here now, good news is I am still in Florida and I am done dealing with employees for the day! Thanks!