• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So, who's gonna be the guinea pig...

Bogie

Well, due to popular demand from a buncha laborers in the area, the Chinese joint up the street has been offering a Jalapeno Chicken dish that ain't half bad...

If it twern't for various minorities, I'd probably be a LOT skinnier...

I just wish a few of 'em could speak a bit more english than "Potstickers with that?" - I'd be asking if they had any relatives in the electronics manufacturing end...

GK

Well, due to popular demand from a buncha laborers in the area, the Chinese joint up the street has been offering a Jalapeno Chicken dish that ain't half bad...

If it twern't for various minorities, I'd probably be a LOT skinnier...

I just wish a few of 'em could speak a bit more english than "Potstickers with that?" - I'd be asking if they had any relatives in the electronics manufacturing end...

its funny you mention that because the business next door to us is based out of China (the sell pet toys...and yes...they have been passed and are lead free lol) but he finds us these INSANE deals on stuff over there all the time. He lets us use the containers they bring the pet toys in on and we get some cheapo media direct from Hong Kong which is awesome for short term stuff and they also have tons of photographic materials there too. Most of it gets re-branded here...so who knows...lol...still wouldnt use any of it for fleet or vehicle wraps, but short term windows, floor graphics, posters, scrim banner they got some great stuff. As far as the electronics this guy has...its technologies we wont get here in the states for another year or so. Their cell phone networks over there are the same quality as our land lines here...

javila

i'll risk it, i'll let you know how it goes....
5znxzbl.gif

^Something like that?

Bogie

They've got folks making tube amplifiers and preamps for the money you couldn't even buy the parts for here... I bought a tube buffer last year for $20, and spent another hundred on the shipping.

I've considered one of their larger paper trimmers. Might be worth it if I had a few other folks? Methinx I may try to make better friends at local restaurant...

Bogie

heckfiknow...

They've got some copies of some of the big paper cutters that, if I can pick one up without getting totally ripped off on the shipping...

eforer

I've been wondering about the Chinese banner welder too. Any one bite yet? The $3600.00 Leister is lovely, but I am having a hard time stomaching that price. Also, what are these big affordable trimmers of which you speak?

Bogie

And hey, sometimes you get more...

Some of those companies are hustling, and they realize that quality means that they'll be major players through the next century... Other folks are just quick buck guys...

It's a crap shoot, but hey, wouldn't you like to be a distributor for the Chinese version of Seiko/Epson/Sony? Now is the time to sink some cash...

MITCHATEXOTIC

Direct oh yeah

Bought my pad printer direct you know the one on ebay that says it uses the same parts as the auto.....well wife was board in 2 weeks ...so up for sale it went.....The printer alone thru a company in pa was 595. plus shipping .I got mine with an exposure unit plates starter ink english manual and some assorted supplies to my door for 400.00in 6 days direct from china the us based company wanted me to wait three to five....go for it some one

Pat Whatley

Nice...until they decide to go into the sign business and make you try to compete with digital printing on decal at less than $1.00 psf retail. Laugh at the concept but it's coming quicker than you think. Channel letters are already being produced that way, being sold for half of what you can manufacture them here for, and ready within two weeks even with overseas shipping.

I hate bringing up the "evil Chinese" market but I'm a little ticked off at this crap right now. I lost a $6000 bid Friday to a company that has all of it's printing done in China. That's the second time this year that I know of and if that keeps up it's going to kill the bulk of our business.

And Chinese food sucks too.

Last edited:

SignManiac

Go ahead and knock China all you want. They aren't going away. China will continue to grow and their products will get better. No different than Japan was forty years ago.

Like it or not, we are fast becoming a global world economy. There's nothing to be done about it except to adapt and get on with it. Complacency kills. One of the big problems with self entitled fat lazy Americans. Survival of the strongest is all it comes down to. It's human nature to want more and better. Why should the rest of the world be any different than us?