• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soaking the head

Valentino

I'm not stranger to soaking the print head, but I've read a few posts about it and have some questions....

I see a lot of people say that a lint free cloth or coffee filter works best, and then place the cleaning fluid on top... with periodically checking to rewet.

My capping station doesn't require a cloth because the cleaning fluid will pool until a cleaning cycle is initiated. Is this normal? or should the fluid run through the minute I unpark?

For those who use a cloth, is the cloth supposed to be folded over to allow it to touch the printhead? or should just the liquid be touching the printhead?

How long do fellow Valuejet owners soak their print heads? I've had issues with yellow contaminating... but I am missing 15 black nozzles (5 to 8 are miss firing) and I might just have to print blocks of yellow to clean that out.

OlsonSigns601

I don't soak my head often but when I do I...

I Use a clamp to crimp the tube coming out of the flushing station.

I then proceed to fill the flushing station with cleaning fluid.

Next I take a lint free cloth and fold it over until it is thick enough to fill any void of space between the head and the flushing station. The cloth will then become saturated in fluid and should stay wet for several hours.

Could be just me but I also keep the printer unplugged while I do this and I'm very careful not to spill any of the fluid or overfill the station.

Stealth Ryder

I don't soak my head often but when I do I...

I Use a clamp to crimp the tube coming out of the flushing station.

I then proceed to fill the flushing station with cleaning fluid.

Next I take a lint free cloth and fold it over until it is thick enough to fill any void of space between the head and the flushing station. The cloth will then become saturated in fluid and should stay wet for several hours.

Could be just me but I also keep the printer unplugged while I do this and I'm very careful not to spill any of the fluid or overfill the station.

Very good advice...

Tel

If the fluid is pooling in your capping station check the pipes below the station that go to the waste bottle, we have found the ink congealed in these pipes either clean or replace the pipes. you will have to remove the metal cover plate underneath the capping station, our advice is don't replace the cover it makes it easier to keep an eye on these pipes and also to clean up any spilled or splahed ink. To prevent the ink congealing in the waste pipes we put cleaning fluid on the capping station a couple of times a week to soak through it and down the pipes. We soak the head for 30 minutes at least when we do it.
Hope this helps
regards
Tel
I'm not stranger to soaking the print head, but I've read a few posts about it and have some questions....

I see a lot of people say that a lint free cloth or coffee filter works best, and then place the cleaning fluid on top... with periodically checking to rewet.

My capping station doesn't require a cloth because the cleaning fluid will pool until a cleaning cycle is initiated. Is this normal? or should the fluid run through the minute I unpark?

For those who use a cloth, is the cloth supposed to be folded over to allow it to touch the printhead? or should just the liquid be touching the printhead?

How long do fellow Valuejet owners soak their print heads? I've had issues with yellow contaminating... but I am missing 15 black nozzles (5 to 8 are miss firing) and I might just have to print blocks of yellow to clean that out.