• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Social Media

dlndesign

Just curious as sign makers, what do you check up on in the social media world.

I check in to Twitter/Facebook/You Tube

What about you?

mikey-Oh

Follow many of the shops here and artists I admire on facebook, it's neat to see quality work in my daily feed:
Jon Aston
Imagination Corporation
Adkins Signs
Dan Antonelli & Graphic D-signs, Inc
I-45 Signs
Peachtree City Foamcraft
Island Signs

I'd list more, but can't seem to find my list o' Likes right now

For twitter I follow ProWraps and Gary Busey

dlndesign

Anyone find a cool social media site that focuses on the sign industry or just sites that you'll find sign info in, like facebook/twitter...?

Edserv

Haven't really tried to crack the social media side. We rely (80%) of our call-ins from our websites and use Google Analytics to track our organic search results. I'm still not really sold on why so many companies are directing people to Facebook.
Maybe I'll figure it out someday!

Good luck!

Tim Aucoin

I have a Facebook page for my company, and I follow Facebook daily (along with S101 and my Franchise forums). I do have a twitter account that mirrors my company Facebook page. I really don't get LinkedIn... probably just me!

Earlier this year I tried some paid advertising (for the fun of it) on Facebook. It was surprisingly successful, so I will be allocating some budget this year to do more. I like the way I can target specific demographics and really pinpoint my target audience(s). It truly is amazing how many people click through on those ads. :smile:

Thanks Mikey-Oh. I am glad you enjoy following our posts, We try to use our facebook to post interesting stories, articles, tips, etc... It is definitely meant to foster communication with our clients and not replace our existing website which is really a powerhouse of tools and information.

YouTube, we use for instructional videos - such as the hammer test and installation, but since we are 100% wholesale to the signage industry it isn't a major focus and YouTube reaches such a wide market- it is tough to obtain any ROI for even regional/local sign shops, unless you are embedding the videos on your own site :)

We tweet on twitter, you can follow us here. Or we have a Monument Sign Blog we are ALWAYS looking to feature cool tips, tricks, etc... on our blog, so if you send them over - we will post them on our blog and link back to your social media and/or website.

Local Sign Shops - I would recommend checking out advertising on Craigslist I have had a couple clients who have shared success stores with us. If you can design, which you all can :) and you know a little HTML this is a great, LOCAL source of FREE advertising plus you can plug your social media :)

Romy

We have just started getting into the social networks. I found a really great website that creates a dashboard for all your social media sites and you can make all your updates directly from there so you don't have to log in to each site separately. Hootsuite.com. Best part is that it is free! Free is good...

Steve C.

I have not really gotten the hang of the Facebook thing yet. Started using it
to keep an eye on my 18 yr. old daughter. I recently created a page for
Signfonts. I would greatly appreciate some more likes if anyone is so inclined.

Thanks... Signfonts.com of Facebook

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Just went to a good Facebook seminar sponsored by our local small business association. The best piece of information I got was the importance of establishing a Facebook domain so people can easily find you.

Get your name before someone else does. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/username and stake your claim.

JB