• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software/Clipart help...

JD789

Hey, Everyone here has been great at answering my questions thus far, so I'll just throw this out there.

I am looking for the simplest way to convert standard clip-art to vector (vinyl ready) images.

I am by NO means a graphic artist, so my knowledge in software is limited. I know Photoshop a little from photography...

I have a bunch of basic Black and white images - most are silhouette style that I want to cut. I don't do signs, I simply do interior design with vinyl. I want the easiest way to add my outline of a butterfly to my "PRINCESS" sign...

I can download software and will even buy corel, but I just need to get very basic images ready to cut!

Thanks in advance,
Jill

Ken

Corel X3 Trace will do it.
Or send your images off to the vectordoctor.com for fast, economical service.
Ken

JD789

Thanks guys!

I did a lot of searching on here last night and found some really good info. I played around tracing some images and adjusting the nodes... I think I can get it figured out.

I am also thinking of trying out the vector doctor. It just depends on how well the things I try and vectorize turn out for now.

I might be purchasing CorelDraw X3 too... still thinking on that.

Thanks again,
Jill

Geary

Does "Flexi Starter" have the trace plugin? I noticed you have it listed as the sign program you use. Regular Flexi has a great tracing ability built in.

~Gear

Geary

Bummer dude. Because my LXi (made by Flexi) I got with my Panther is the best kept secret in "signland" . I LOVE that feature. It works really well. :wink:

May you acquire good fortune with CorelDraw...if that is indeed the one you're settling on. It's a great program as well. :thumb:

~Gear

jhsdesign

The vectorize function in Corel X3 is just plain cool. I use it almost every day and with a few tweeks, can usually get a pretty good image. Well worth the upgrade price or full version price. I also find myself using the new adjustment lab for photos...very nice.

StitchWerks

I found Corel X3 on Ebay for about $100.00 new and unopened and unregistered. These have all the registration codes, 4 discs with a registration code that you send to Corel and they in-turn send you an additional key code to unlock the additional fonts, clip art and training video's. I am usually very leary of online or ebay purchases but these are authentic and fully functional programs. Has all the features of the full version except no printed manuals and Corel does not provide support for these versions for free. You can purchase support if that is desired. Also not the student version. I was able to register mine with Corel without any problems and all functions work. Just have to print the manual if you need a hard copy. Just be sure to check feedbacks prior to purchasing. Just be sure that any software you ever purchase is has either never been registered and has all the original discs and registration codes or the software company will transfer ownership to you. Transfership is sometimes a pain and can cost additional money. Be sure to ask all the questions and check with the manufacturer.

JD789

I found Corel X3 on Ebay for about $100.00 new and unopened and unregistered. These have all the registration codes, 4 discs with a registration code that you send to Corel and they in-turn send you an additional key code to unlock the additional fonts, clip art and training video's. I am usually very leary of online or ebay purchases but these are authentic and fully functional programs. Has all the features of the full version except no printed manuals and Corel does not provide support for these versions for free. You can purchase support if that is desired. Also not the student version. I was able to register mine with Corel without any problems and all functions work. Just have to print the manual if you need a hard copy. Just be sure to check feedbacks prior to purchasing. Just be sure that any software you ever purchase is has either never been registered and has all the original discs and registration codes or the software company will transfer ownership to you. Transfership is sometimes a pain and can cost additional money. Be sure to ask all the questions and check with the manufacturer.

Stitch, do you mind sharing the name of the seller on Ebay you bought from? I have seen the $100 CorelX3 on Ebay and wondered if it was a full version, etc.

Thanks!
-Jill

TrustedImages

Bummer dude. Because my LXi (made by Flexi) I got with my Panther is the best kept secret in "signland" . I LOVE that feature. It works really well. :wink:

May you acquire good fortune with CorelDraw...if that is indeed the one you're settling on. It's a great program as well. :thumb:

~Gear

So many people do not understand how wonderful LXI truly is. If you are doing NO DIGITAL PRINTING and ONLY DOING VINLY CUTTING it has all the design capabilities and tools as Flexi Sign Pro at a fraction of the cost. This is the Master Plus version I am talking about. It's the same thing w/o the RIP feature.

JD789

Thanks all!

I ordered Corel X3 off of ebay and should get it in a day or two. I am sure I'll have more questions... but hope I dont :)

-Jill