• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

software decision....

svenner

Hello all, first time poster!
I've been using Gerber Omega for a number of years and I am currently setting up my own operation. I'm trying to figure which software to go with, Flexi or Omega? Function is important as well as pricing so any input anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers - svenner

svenner

Mainly for use with a 15 inch plotter for sandblasting materials, HS-15 etc...
whatever I can find.....
I read that Flexi can handle gerber .plt files as well as run on a gerber plotter.
Am I incorrect with this?

signage

If you are only cutting either will do, If you want to run an Edge flexi will do it but most people have better success with Omega and SignLab.

svenner

How about pricing? Is there a difference between the two? I cant seem to find anything for either product line on their respective sites......

Rod

Finding a local CADlink dealer

From the CADlink.com site, there is a dealer lookup along the top menu bar. Failing that, it's best to contact CADlink Sales to get help finding a local representative.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

Rod

Oh, and when speaking with Sales, make certain to explain the sort of work and equipment that you're involved with, as well as what you want to do in future. Understanding your setup helps Sales to provide useful feedback.

Replicator

You could find a legal copy of FlexiSIGN-Pro on ebay with Dongle for anywhere
between $1800.00 and $2300.00 . . . Thats your cheap way out 7.6v2

your new Flexi8 around $3850.00 - $4200.00
IMHO - Best damn software on the market today !

I do still however use SignLab and Omaga to run my gerber . . .
I only use Flexi for my Roland plotters and printers.

Hope this helped in some small way !

svenner

That's everything I needed to know guys!
Thanks so much for the information....
I'll let you know which way the decisions go!~

svenner

Just an update. I chose to go with Omega 2.5, which included a design station (perfect for travelling sign work). My decision was based solely on my years of experience with gerber. Thanks for all the helpful info!! :)

kent moss

svenner, I've been a Gerber Baby since day 1.

I use Omega 2.1.1, thinking of moving up 2 Omega 2.5, is this design station something they add in package deal? What does it do? Is it 4 laptop? I've heard they give U 3 months of free tech sevice w/ sale of 2,5

svenner

I was (thankfully) given a bit of a break on the design station portion of this promotion, due to fact I wasnt upgrading but purchasing Omega 2.5. The design station is an away from home (read:laptop) application that cannot be used for printing or plotting. I dont know about the free tech service you speak of but check with your rep...and hurry up, my promo ends March 31!