• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software for Edge-2

VeritasCustom

What is my least expensive option on software to output to an Edge-2? I currently use Adobe CS for design. I bought my work's old Edge-2 & Plotter but couldn't take Omega because we still use it. Thank you in advance!

ScooterX

I'd love to hear more comments on this topic, too. (since I'm looking at buying new software myself.)

I like that Omega has the "spectratone" stuff figured out for you, (so you can do all the different solid 2-color mixes for spot colors), but I don't know if its really that useful, or if any of the other software brands do similar things.

GB2

Old Member
I agree too....OMEGA....is the first choice for software to use with Gerber equipment and is a darn good design software on it's own! I have more copies than I need right now though, maybe I should sell one hmmm....

eazyED

we use spectratones all the time here too. it helps alot when having to match a pantone just check the book and see if there's a match or something close to it.

smdgrfx

I have Omega, Signlab, and Flexi-pro. I use Omega with my Edge. It just works better and there is no surprises. I don't use the Spectratones, but I like using Omega for all my cut vinyl designing. I use Corel for all of my large format printing and import into Flexi.