• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software for running Summa cutter

fine point

Hi all.
We just got a Summa S2 T140 and it looks like a nice machine.
But the summa cutting software is a piece of crap.
Do you have any suggestions on software to run it?

We have both Mac and Windows.

We have two graphtecs and we run it with Cutting Master 3 plug in. Our favorite was CM2.

Thanks and you all have Happy Thanksgiving!

electricfly

For print and cut or just cutting vinyl?
I setup in illustrator add reg marks with plugin save as pdf. Summa software does the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What made you go to Summa from Graphtec?

Time to just learn the new way... You can also use Flexi if you like it more.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I don't know what you are determining makes the software a piece of crap, but let's all start with what you are expecting that would make software great?

fine point

We went with Summa because of the true tangential cut.
We cut super small letters all day long.

Winplot and Go Sign can't even add weeding lines. That's a big no no for us.

Also, it gets disconnected from PC all the time. And we have to reboot it every single time. It's free software and I guess I shouldn't complain, but it's like you finally got to buy Ferrari but it came with a grandma in the driver seat.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
We went with Summa because of the true tangential cut.
We cut super small letters all day long.

Winplot and Go Sign can't even add weeding lines. That's a big no no for us.

Also, it gets disconnected from PC all the time. And we have to reboot it every single time. It's free software and I guess I shouldn't complain, but it's like you finally got to buy Ferrari but it came with a grandma in the driver seat.
You can add a weed cut line in Winplot. I assume in GoSign as well but I haven't used it enough yet.

You have it connected via ethernet? That's the preferred way in my opinion.

1637588114867.png

Dale D

I have 2 Summas. 1 for die cut and 1 with OPOS cam for print/cut. I use Flexisign to send additional weed lines for my die cutting
test.jpg
... horizontal and vertical. Never had a problem

Johnny Best

Have used signCut for years because I am a Mac user. The only problem has been it was a Swedish company and it cost about $50 a year subscription. But then a couple of years ago it was sold to a Chinese company and they jacked up the price threefold.
But besides that it works great, not a high learning curve and know nothing of graphic tracer. Save as .eps in Illustrator and import into SignCut. I bought Easy Cut Studio and I will switch over to that in the coming years. Just bought a new Apple Powerbook Pro with the M1 chip so will have to see how this all works on a new system and OS.

Baptiste repro

That's weed BOX. Not weed Line.
When you have a text panel with 40 lines, "box" just don't do it.
Did you find the nice cutting software you were looking for ?
I'm in the same posisiton and I'm still wondering which is the best. I'm using winplot and and it's such a dumb software, you cans edit nothing with.

johnnysigns

Did you find the nice cutting software you were looking for ?
I'm in the same posisiton and I'm still wondering which is the best. I'm using winplot and and it's such a dumb software, you cans edit nothing with.
Me too, we bought an S1 D140 earlier in the year and I'm avoiding Flexi. I'm using gosign currently and it works and all, but it's just lacking features and things like that.