• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software keeps locking up

odshawaii

Running version 2.02 and it keeps locking up 90% of the time, 5 - 10 minutes into activity. Using Windows XP Pro

Tried uninstalling/reinstall with no luck.

Any suggestions?

omgsideburns

Problem with your dongle maybe?

Are you working with imported files? Usually I just get a crash. Rarely locks up.. but sometimes I get an error and then I get locked out of all the controls like I made it mad so the security stops working. Annoying.

odshawaii

Problem with your dongle maybe?

Are you working with imported files? Usually I just get a crash. Rarely locks up.. but sometimes I get an error and then I get locked out of all the controls like I made it mad so the security stops working. Annoying.

Yes - always with imported files. I have to save periodically so if I have to restart, most of the project is intact.... Annoying

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
check fonts. empty your TMP folder. if you are importing an .ai file, make sure you use the correct one. omega has two imports for both .ai and .eps. pick the wrong one and....

omgsideburns

I have the same problem with imported files.. I think they are just too complex for the software. I always have to make sure I reduce nodes and simplify things as much as possible. I'm running an old version though.

Marlene

I think 2.0 doesn't run on anything higher than windows 98 or so. what windows version are you using it with? that may be th problem

odshawaii

check fonts. empty your TMP folder. if you are importing an .ai file, make sure you use the correct one. omega has two imports for both .ai and .eps. pick the wrong one and....

How I empty the temp folder? Sorry, I don't use Omega on a daily basis so I don't know the in's and out's of the program.

As for importing, I am always importing as GAD files...

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.

it has been a while. either in the windows tmp folder, there should be a GSP folder? or, it is in the omega folder. .GAD files? are those gerber artwork definition files? why would you be importing those?