• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software to Check Cut Contour, Cut Lines on print cut jobs?

Spencer McMurtry

Hello,

Does anyone know of any stand alone software I can give to my design team to double check that all of their cut contour lines are setup correctly on print cut jobs? I am using a JV33/Summa D160 Oynx Rip. My design team does not have access to Oynx. Any tips / ticks for checking cut lines to make sure they are correct?

Thanks!
Spencer

Bly

We ditched Onyx Cut-Server after a couple of mysterious print/cut fails.
As you seem to have also found, there's no way of knowing exactly what went wrong.

We now use Summa Winplot and can cut far longer jobs with far fewer errors.
It takes a bit longer to set up but is far more reliable.

nate

Hello,

Does anyone know of any stand alone software I can give to my design team to double check that all of their cut contour lines are setup correctly on print cut jobs? I am using a JV33/Summa D160 Oynx Rip. My design team does not have access to Oynx. Any tips / ticks for checking cut lines to make sure they are correct?

Thanks!
Spencer

unless something has drastically changed with Onyx, this won't be possible. A 21st century RIP, like Caldera will show you the cut lines upon opening the file. No need to print and hope as we used to have to do with Onyx.

Nishan

+1 for Nate.... Any way we also moved to caldera, but what I can recall, I know onyx10 , you could select your cutter in preflight ... so just apply without a cutter selected, and you will see all your cutcontours, then make sure to select yr cutter again and apply befor submitting