• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

solar panel for light box

bigben

A customer called me to get a 7ftX4ft double sided light box mounted on post. He asked me if there was a solar panel and battery option for the power distribution. Is there such a thing and could you direct me a distributor for this where I could have more informations?

Thank you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I highly doubt you're gonna find enough batteries and panels to power one that size and still save money. I'm gonna watch this thread.

Starter

These guys are in Quebec. We use them all the time for solar panels for weigh scale lights etc.
Good luck. PM me if you need any other info.

Signalisation Ver-Mac Inc.
1781, Bresse
Sainte-Foy, Quebec

bannertime

If some napkin math is correct you'd need like around 350 amp hours to run the sign for 12 hours. So you'd probably need like 2-3 12v 150AH-250AH solar bank batteries. If you could do panels with at least like 24sqft then you could potentially make it work. I was doing research awhile back on building my own system, but it's been awhile. I could be completely wrong. You could contact a commercial solar company in your area.