• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SOLARIS ink for a Roland?

threeputt

We used this ink brand for about 6 years with no problems on our Roland SP-540v.

We don't use it now because our new printer (the VSi-540 Roland) will not be under warranty if we do. (we have a two year warranty and our "new" machine is 6 months old or so).

Bobas Kalobas

solaris ink

Hi any new news on this Solaris Ink

I have been using it for years. I heard that it could make the black lose dots. Anyone using it today. I want an update cause these previous posts are very old. I use it in my Versacamm SP V and I have 4 dots out in my black that will NOT clean out. Any help on clean out techniques would be awesome.

Thanks
Bob

lgroth

I put a bulk system on our SC540 about 3 years ago and use Solaris inks, I have never had a problem, and for the price I will never look back (pay about the same per liter as I used to for the 440ml cartridges). We do everything from decals to auto wraps and so far there has been no premature ink related failures of anything. I had no problems with colors when I did the switch either, matched the Roland inks well... Almost too well....??? :omg:

rjssigns

Hi any new news on this Solaris Ink

I have been using it for years. I heard that it could make the black lose dots. Anyone using it today. I want an update cause these previous posts are very old. I use it in my Versacamm SP V and I have 4 dots out in my black that will NOT clean out. Any help on clean out techniques would be awesome.

Thanks
Bob

When my heads clogged with 3rd party ink my tech worked his magic. He took the heads out and disassembled them so he could get them thoroughly flushed, soaked them, reassembled then flushed through the manifold. Lather, rinse repeat, until it was back to running. Stuck with OEM ever since and the head checks are almost perfect. No clogged nozzles just deflection from head strikes.

That was an $800 day. :banghead:

Bobas Kalobas

yes

i have had no probs either. my machine is 9 yrs old and am on the second set of BLK/CYAN head. The MAG/YEL is the originals.
They charged $1500 to come replace it. I would like to find someone that would be willing to try a clean out as opposed to replacement unless it is absolutely necessary. Thank you :)

synergy_jim

3rd party inks..... Playing with fire...

Charge what you are worth and use good quality products. Not worth the hassle IMHO....

Vinyldog

I have used Liquicolor mainly but when I have a Roland technician work on the machine they insist I switch back to factory ink so I‘ve bounced between the two.

My SP540V seems to run cleaner with the LQ meaning there just doesn’t seem to be as much stray ink splattering around. Other than that I really don’t notice a difference between the two.
Concerning the price, I do try to keep track of my ink usage and it seems I use slightly more when using LQ but that could be coincidental with other variables.
The people at Solaris are very helpful if needed. I believe it is a lighter viscosity than Roland ink.