• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solaris roland bulk ink system

Victorian Signs

DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE ANY FEEDBACK ON THE SOLARIS ROLAND BULK INK SYSTEM THAT FELLERS OFFERS, REP SAYS THEY GOTTEN ALOT OF " GOOD FEEDBACK' FROM CUSTOMERS.THEY SAY NO FLUSHING TO CHANGE AND YOU CAN CHANGE OVER " 1-AT TIME.................THANKS:rock-n-roll:

Robert M

New inks

I would try the inks in cart form before investing in a bulk ink system. Bulk ink means much more hands on with the printer.

swannisl

We haven't used the bulk ink, but have been using the cartridges for over a year and are very pleased. The colors look great. Even a tech who came to fix our printer couldn't believe how well the colors looked.

mtroup

I also use the Solaris ink and it's fantastic. The colors are nearly perfect with Roland OEM and when I swapped I just changed out one cart at a time and it works great.

CS-SignSupply

We offer the solaris ink for Roland and Mimaki. Mutoh ink is not yet available.

The bulk systems are fine if you print enough. On average, you can truly benefit from the bulk if you purchase and use 4 sets of 440 cartridges a month or more.

Either of the bulk systems offered for Solaris are good.

I would be happy to help anyone here with pricing and availability on any of the Solaris ink and bulk systems.

Jack Knight1979

The odor is different. Not stronger, but different.

I print a lot of big runs so I have a vent system on my printer. If I had a smaller machine I wouldn't vent the stuff. The smell is minor.

I also vented OEM. No need to smell the inks if you don't have to.

It's BY FAR the best aftermarket ink I've ever used. I LOVE IT.
I used Triangle for years and had nothing but problems.
Triangle was more durable, but a PitA.

Solaris is trouble free, great color, low odor and less expensive than OEM.

Because of the lower odor the inks are more susceptible to abrasion damage, but I haven't had one complaint from a customer. Nor have I had one printer problem in ten months or continuous use. I have done usual consumable maintenance, (dampers, caps, as scheduled) but nothing major.

ProColorGraphics

For abrasion, it would be the same as the OEM then correct? Not worse?

For the odor, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't way stronger.

CS-SignSupply

I have not seen any difference in abrasion resistance than that of OEM, and have not had any complaints from my current clients to date.

mtroup

One at a time?....you mean let one OEM cart run out then switched to the bulk cart?

Sorry about that.. I am not using the bulk system, I am using the 440 carts from Solaris and I changed them out one at a time as I used up my remaining OEM carts... just wanted to note that I didn't see any adverse effects using both oem and solaris in the machine at the same time.

RocketBanner

4 carts/month, why?

The bulk systems are fine if you print enough. On average, you can truly benefit from the bulk if you purchase and use 4 sets of 440 cartridges a month or more.

I would be happy to help anyone here with pricing and availability on any of the Solaris ink and bulk systems.
why do you need to use so much (4 carts/month) to see a benefit of going bulk?

CS-SignSupply

To be honest, this was the recommendation supplied to me by several ink manufacturers (Solaris & Triangle specifically)... Maintenance is the big issue. I you are printing that much, then you are taking care of your printer properly and the slightly added maintenance for bulk ink system will be no issue. It is not recommended to let a bulk system sit unused.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

For us, a set is four cartridges.... CMYK. Do you mean four times those four as in 16 or any 4 [only] individual colors of 440 cartridges ??

Not sure what you mean.......:Oops: