• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solid Black Observence...

Capital Signs

Just an observance, maybe you guys already know. I printed two files on my mutoh today, just some riders for a real estate company... One an EPS, and one converted TIFF. Used oracal 3651 profile at 720x720. Day and night. The Tiff was way more of a solid black than the eps version. Not sure if it was because there was no compression or what, but I am going to try my reds now and see if there is a difference! Just a heads up..

rdm01

Most likely you are getting a composite black out of the tiff, where in the eps you have a spot color set to 100% K, which is never a good black!

Capital Signs

I just ran a red, and a blue where we did some tests, and tiffs are much better. Red pops, while the other is more of a pink...

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Take a look at you "Rendering Intent" settings in P. Mgr. if your not pleased with the output from Flexi.

randya

Make sure when you save the tiff out that you embed the profile to maintain some color managment control.