• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solid CMYK Black has slight red hue

PreImp

Hi there. I have a mutoh 1204 and 1604 that run both the same flexi profiles and same material. The solid black (k=100) on the 1604 seems to have a slight red hue to it as compared to the 1204. I just put a new printhead in the 1604 out of an Epson r1900 printer. The nozzle check is nearly perfect. Does anyone have an idea as to what could cause this??

Thanks

The 1204 is a 48-inch printer, whereas the 1604 is a 64-inch machine. To my knowledge, it is not possible to use the same exact media profile for these two different models (unless I am wrong).

When printing with color management enabled, the ICC output profile used by the RIP will cause the printer to potentially use all ink colors when printing the 100 percent black that is referenced in the file.

If you don't want this to happen, you can alternatively disable color management in the RIP, and the CMYK values in the file will be passed directly to the printer without being reinterpreted by the RIP.

PreImp

Thanks for the info.. I think I read on the mutoh site that the 1204 and 1604 profiles were interchangeable, but I could absolutely be wrong. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.. Maybe I'll see if I can grab a 1604 profile for the material as well. The firmware on it is 1.06, but I don't imagine an update might something? Just a thought..

Thanks