Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Solid color vinyl for floor decal in warehouse

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by akuarela, Dec 31, 2018.

1. akuarela

akuarela Member

Jul 29, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Hi, I was looking into printing/laminating with something tough, these decals which are just solid color circles, and then it occurred that maybe I could use some solid color vinyl that will withstand (also laminated). The floor is smooth concrete, needs to last, and withstand some roughness.
    Welcome any suggestions, recommendations.
    Thanks and Happy New Year to you all!

Tags:
  2. burgmurk

burgmurk Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Auckland, New Zealand
    There's no long-lasting vinyl solution. I'd paint it if i were you.

3. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    How long does it need to last? And will forklifts / pallet hacks be going over it?

You can use whatever vinyl will stick... Just throw in some floor overlam. We use 3M 3645. It's rated for 6-12 month warranty. We've put some in airports where there's thousands of foot traffic... Still looks good after a year and a half. But if heavy machinery is running over it.. It'll probably chip and peel much much quicker.

4. FireSprint

FireSprint Merchant Member

We like a product called Tex Walk for warehouse floor decals. As others have said, if they get alot of traffic, especially from forklifts, they won't last very long. We have tested several materials, and this is the best we have found.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rjssigns

rjssigns Premium Subscriber

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Make a stencil and use floor epoxy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1