• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solid color vinyl on cling??

"Deposit Please"

New to window cling. Customer wants logo w/ lettering on clear cling (not white cling) so he can reuse. Problem is ...his logo has white in it and i can't print white. I was thinking about using regular colored cut vinyl and apply directly to cling. Anyone try this before?

47CP

We have had trouble layering anything on static cling. It seems like the thermal expansion is quite different on the static verus the vinyl, so the sun makes it pucker and fall off.

But, our primary use of static is on cars outside.

DaveW

Sign Works

I did one years ago that the customer used daily on the back window of a 2000 Honda Insight while parked. Those back windows are pretty much totally horizontal so it got it's fair share of direct sunlight. I used Avery white static cling with Oracal 651 opaque vinyls. Customer used this static cling sign for many years before relocating, never mentioned having any problems and he's the type that definetly would have said something if there was a problem.

jfiscus

Rap Master
A Gerber Edge can print white on clear cling, or a solvent printer with a white print head could also.

If you can't do the job; job it out to another local sign company that can. Add a bit on for your part of the work & make the customer happy.

not sure i would do it that way! it needs to be printed correctly or you may get some come backs on it if it fails!
fred on here is a merchant member with a edge, he can do it for you no problems.