• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solid Color Wrap

graphix45

I have a customer wanting a matte black wrap on an '06 Dodge Charger and I'm not sure if I want to tackle this one. I have only done partial wraps, Box trucks & from the front doors back on some vans. Any advise from someone who has done one of these cars before would be great.
Or if you know of an installer in NC that would be interested in doing this.

graphix45

I have used 970 RA before on the roof of a Mercedes and it worked good. I'm just not sure if I'm ready for an all over job. The car is red now and he wants it black???

WB

Just make sure your customer knows it's a wrap and not a paint Job.. It's near impossible to cover every visible spot of red, chances are you'll be able to see some red in the seams on the panels.

CheapVehicleWrap

Start with clean clean room think Dexter. Have patience and steady hand. Do perfectly and customer will be very happy. USE 1080 OR 970RA.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
If you don't have experience wrapping on compound curves, I wouldn't "practice" with Matte Black. You can't handle it the same way you might with regular wrap vinyl & lam. Just my opinion.

tonywhittier

We wrapped a silver BMW about 2 weeks ago with 970RA and I have to say it was a task, but I would do it again. We put A LOT of heat to the vinyl.

wrapcitydesigns

the 3M 1080 material is great for wraps. But colored vinyl is much harder to apply than regular vinyl so it will be a tuff install. I've installed those types of trucks before with it and the compound curves really get ya. I'm willing to install it for you for a $1/sq ft plus a plane ticket.

megacab

the 3M 1080 material is great for wraps. But colored vinyl is much harder to apply than regular vinyl so it will be a tuff install. I've installed those types of trucks before with it and the compound curves really get ya. I'm willing to install it for you for a $1/sq ft plus a plane ticket.

what kind of "TRUCKS" would that be? the OP has a request for a Charger. in Arizona, it may be different. but here in New Mexico, that's a car.:banghead: