• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solid colours suddenly not giving very good results, any ideas?

backenwright

Mainly with Blacks and reds i seem to be getting a patern forming badly in solids using these colours or variations off.

Tried cleaning everything, different profiles etc, same result, its a job i ran only 2 weeks previous on the same profile and media with no problem whatsoever.

My machine is a JV3 running 6 colours

Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance :)

pic attached (best i can do)

Attachments

• oddsolid.jpg
    oddsolid.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 128

signswi

Looks like you need to adjust your media comp feed rate, that'll fix the horizontal bands. The light yellowish splotches are something on the media, probably a hand print. Can't tell what else is going on without a closer shot.

backenwright

The banding im not so worried about its the patchy printing thats my problem, its not the media as it does it on anything i put in it and also has worked no problem only 2 weeks previous.

The test draw is pretty good, no different to when i was last printing the very same graphic so im a bit lost as to what it could be, I will try and get some better shots and a test draw.

backenwright

More pics...

Seems to be mainly with the black and magenta it is in the cyan very slightly but no where near as bad and mainly probably due to the head needing an extra head wash.

but it doesnt matter which media or profile i do magenta and black on im getting the same problem..

Any ideas???

Attachments

• black.jpg
    black.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 110
  • magenta1.jpg
    magenta1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 99
  • magenta2.jpg
    magenta2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 115
  • testdraw.jpg
    testdraw.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 117

Vinylman

It may not seem critical, but if I am reading the "TESTPRINT", you have several, maybe four nozzels in the left part of the cyan head not working. They need to be perfect or it WILL effect the finished product. Perhaps one work around is to double print those jobs that require dark solids.
It will take a little more ink, as well as additional time, but if the product is critical you do what you have to do.

signswi

What inks are you running? Have you reprofiled/adjusted ink % lately? How old are the dampers? Wondering if it's ink starvation or possibly weak inks from a cheap manufacturer.

backenwright

Thx for all the input so far guys, theyre genuine inks and the dampers are within 2 years old.

Ink starvation sounds like a possible? but how do i adjust sort that out?

I know what your saying about the cyan Vinylman but im not sure why that would have any effect on a straight black or cyan?

Dice

Are you printing Uni or Bi Directional? If your going Bi try Uni to see if that improves it. Also turn off fast print and see if that helps.

Does this happen on all Media? Bad Roll? We've had bad batches of rolls before. Problem at the manufacturer. Supplier had to return the entire pallet.

backenwright

its on all medias and profiles, i will see if its on bi or uni, it just seems strange as nothing has changed so why would i need to change my print style to sort it out?

Rooster

Given that it's doing it across all medias and profiles I would have to say that you're definitely dealing with a starvation issue. New dampers and/or pump should bring it back. 2 Years is a pretty long time for a set of dampers. The internal filters on the dampers may be partially clogged. Best to change those out before whatever is in there finds it's way into the print head.