• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soljet Head

signcrafters

Well, looks like I need a new black head.
Has anyone changed a head on a Soljet 545ex?

Suggestions?

Pointers?

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks!!

CS-SignSupply

If you have not performed this before, I would recommend getting an experienced tech involved.

Physical replacement of the head is relatively easy and straight forward... the adjustments/calibrations/head rank/etc is where it gets more detailed.

IF... IF... you attempt to do this yourself, BE SURE TO POWER THE UNIT OFF AND UNPLUG THE POWER CABLE PRIOR TO BEGINNING THE PROCEDURE !!!

Robert M

Roland heads

We have them at www.solventinkjet.com.
We are Denver Colorado based full service large format dealer with experienced techs that can help with the install. Free tech manuals with every purchase.

Stormyj

Just another guy
If you have not performed this before, I would recommend getting an experienced tech involved.

Physical replacement of the head is relatively easy and straight forward... the adjustments/calibrations/head rank/etc is where it gets more detailed.

IF... IF... you attempt to do this yourself, BE SURE TO POWER THE UNIT OFF AND UNPLUG THE POWER CABLE PRIOR TO BEGINNING THE PROCEDURE !!!

I had the procedures to do this, and Im sure you can find it on the web, but the above is correct. UNPLUG the machine!!! If not you risk shorting your boards and expensive repairs. Also, make sure when removing lines and the head itself, keep boards and wiring covered with a rag or plastic to prevent ink from dripping on any electrical. I used the Service Notes for the XC-540 to replace mine, a SC540, which were pretty much the same. I changed a Black and a Cyan at the same time. No muss, no fuss. Worked great with no problems, just follow directions to the number. If you need the Service Notes, just pm me and Ill send them to you. Good luck.

Stormyj

Just another guy
Just wanted to add one more bit of info. The alignment of the heads is fairly easy. The service notes explain how to do it. Basically it prints a pattern and then you adjust the printhead alignment with a screw. Takes a while, patience is handy, but pretty easy.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Just wanted to add one more bit of info. The alignment of the heads is fairly easy. The service notes explain how to do it. Basically it prints a pattern and then you adjust the printhead alignment with a screw. Takes a while, patience is handy, but pretty easy.

+1 Roland is by far the most straight forward when it comes to aligning these multi-head machines. Once the mechanical adjustments are done, the electric adjustments are a breeze. Patience is definitely your friend.