• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SolJet III or Versacamm?

quikseps

Screenprinter here about to buy a vinyl printer/cutter and am totally new to the sign/decal etc. business. Anyhow, was looking at the Versacamm and was about to buy one until I checked out the SolJet Pro III XC-540.

I'll basically be using this initially to do stock and custom decals.

Am I throwing money away with the SolJet III considering my initial needs or is this machine really "that much better" and worth the money?

It seems to be a more high-end machine and one that I could grow the business more with????

Plus I'm wary about the Versacamm since there's a big discount now, $2,500 off the 54", ($17,495) and USUALLY that means an improved model is about to be released.

Any opinions on what machine I should buy is appreciated.

Thanks!

XC- more heads , more colors , more speed , more maintenance. If you have the demand , it's a better unit. The birds are chirping about a 4 head VesaCamm later this year , Maybe a couple months after the ISA Show. If your just starting out , By the time your demands are matched by XC there may be a new unit hitting the market. Another consideration is separate printer & cutter for the same price as the XC , if space is not an issue. Don't forget the laminator. @ $2000-$10,000 .

signs2trade

xc 540 is in my opinion the only way to go. speed speed speed. i traded in my versacamm after one year because it was just to slow.

chopper

I was informed that the new 4 headed unit will be on the market in April(versacamm) it will unveiled at the show in Vegas so the price will drop out on the 2 headed units here shortly//chopper

weaselboogie

Is the extra 2 heads the only difference with the new versacamm?

Faster printing, i'm assuming. Whats the new/old SF per hour?

njsigns

I was informed that the new 4 headed unit will be on the market in April(versacamm) it will unveiled at the show in Vegas so the price will drop out on the 2 headed units here shortly//chopper

Wondering if anyone else had heard anything about this? I have been seriously looking at the versacamm for a few years and am near making a final decision to buy one, soon. I know if I "jump the gun", the week after I purchase, it will be $5000 cheaper. Is this just speculation, or is this based on some insiders facts? I suppose I should hold off just a few more weeks? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gene

quikseps

I would hold off till after this Las Vegas show. After poking around a little and making a few calls I pretty much verified a new Versacamm is being introduced next month.

Regardless I've decided to go with the SolJet.

Thanks.

Neil

Just received this in my inbox

278885.jpg

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
From the translated page it looks like they have done something new with the old CYMK carts.
Not sure OSHA is going to like that model much.

wayne k
guam usa

gtjet

We have an SP 300 versacamm and any thing more expensive would have hurt us quite a bit in our market. Speed is not a big issue. Cost is for us. Just too small of a market here and way too many people doing this type of work.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
gac05,

can you be more specific about "something new with the old CYMK" ink cartridges?

Small glitch in the Japanese to English translation,
from the page in the color specs:

"4 colors (cyanide magenta yellow black)"

Venting could be really critical for this unit.

wayne k
guam usa