• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soljet Pro III gone haywire in a day - Cropmarks blurry Any Advise?

stickasteve

My Roland XC-540 Pro III was working beautifully, or as well as can be expected until this past week. Now all of a sudden - with NO head strikes - Now my cropmarks are blurry, and the cutcontour is off by a mile.

ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

steve@stwgraphics.com

stickasteve

Can you view the attached file? Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_4265.jpg
    IMG_4265.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4263.jpg
    IMG_4263.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 86

cgsigns_jamie

Did you adjust any settings on the printer or did the just start happening out of the blue?

I was going to say that maybe the feed calibration was incorrect but I didn't see any banding in the print.

stickasteve

I adjusted everything and in all the tests it all looks good. There's something funky happening and It's hard to explain. A straight print is looking pretty good too. I'm using versaworks for the rip and I'm not sure if that's where the problem lies. I re-installed the program and everything. Strange and annoying.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Encoder strip is on the rail the print head runs on. It is on top of that rail and runs the length of the printer and it's clear. It has marks on it that the head reads to double check positioning. Pic below

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 75

Jack Knight1979

Nice. Glad it worked.

Thanks for posting a pic of the encoder strip.

I was busy yesterday and could not get back to this thread with the encoder location.

Use alcohol on the cloth to clean the encoder strip. Do NOT use the cleaning solvent as this will ruin the encoder strip. Then, after a gentle cleaning, do an environmental match to confirm the cleaning is good and to perform the Env match.