• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SolJet Pro III XC-540 price

Aero

SolJet Pro III XC-540
Need opinion: I am offered a dealer demo SolJet Pro III XC-540 with full ink and 2 year warranty for $27k, good deal or are there better deals out there? Thanks

TheSellOut

Why not wait for the new sol-jet with metallic inks? I think it gets released in the U.S. next week at the SGIA show in New Orleans!

mark in tx

I think that is a bit high for a dealer demo.
I know prices are different by regions, but I just got a new, in the box XC-540 for 25K.
It is my second one of that model though.

Is Roland still offering a rebate to the dealers for selling demo machines? I had heard of some trouble with a dealer or two gaming that system and selling only demo machines by assembling and printing a machine at their warehouse before it goes to a customer, then pocketing the rebate.

Aero

Do you have any info on target price and availabilty on the "metallic" printer? Is this the one where they are introducing Silver ink to the CMYK?

If you really believe you will require metallic inks then wait for the new printers, but if you are a regular sign shop needing banners, signs, vehicle wraps, etc... then why wait to buy a XC540, you're loosing money right now by not having a high quality/high speed printer in your shop.
FYI - Dealers do NOT get "rebates" from Roland, and we must have a "demo printer" for a specified amount of time before it's a "demo" model, this equals very expensive inventory for the dealers. You also lose 6 months warranty buying a demo model so it should be priced less.
Believe me, there is NO Roland rebates for dealers, your information is wrong.