• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SolJet Pro XC-540 - Magenta and Cyan ink banding / stripes

SignJose

Hello guys, so, here's an interesting issue I'm having with my XC-540. We're using eco-solvent ink (Bordeaux) and the ink density settings are for eco-solvent, the dampers are also pretty much brand new. So, here's the thing:

a) When printing a narrow image on banner or vinyl, we get a fairly solid cyan and magenta, either in bi-directional or uni-directional print mode, but with a little bit of noticing banding.

b) When printing wider & longer images, the cyan and magenta start printing solid but they progressively fade to lighter and lighter color.

If I pause the printing for a minute and resume printing, the colors are solid again but then they almost immediately start fading just like before.

Pretty much I've discarded damper issues *(Replaced dampers twice already)

I'm suspecting some sort of flow issue with the ink tank, like if there was not enough suction, or like if air is leaking into the hoses.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Attached are two samples of the problem. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Roland stripes 002.jpg
    Roland stripes 002.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,194
  • Roland stripes 003.jpg
    Roland stripes 003.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 367

adrian.ldn

When did you start using Bordeaux? Is the test print coming out ok or you have contamination from one color to another or any other issues?
We had a similar problem and as much as I would have compensate I still ended up with white stripes on the designs that contained yellow. On the test print we were getting contamination with cyan on the yellow. At the end we ended up changing the head of our Mimaki JV33-130 due to an "internal leak" of the head as the engineer sent out by Bordeaux described. Since than we switched back to OM.

Robert M

Bordeaux inks

Two possible issues, the overspray could be a head alignment issue. The ink starvation could be cap top or a problem with ink supply, are you using a bulk system.

Chad

Banding

Not sure if you have solved your problem but I have the 540. That banding usually happens when the head isn't getting enough ink. Do a test print. You may be missing one whole side of the head, then what you need to do is pull the hoses from the pumps themselves for that head and using a syringe to see if you can pull ink through the line. (Make sure heads are parked) If nothing then the line from the capping station to the pump is plugged. Also check that there are no air bubbles in the lines just above the dampers.

you have to pull the cap out to clean the line. Replace the cap and hose and use the syringe to test it. If this doesn't do it then you may need a new head. I have had mine since they first came out and only had to replace the black head. I have been using non eom for about 4 years with no major issues.

good luck