• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solo installation tips?

CovertSigns

Anyone have any tricks/tips/tools they use to manage larger jobs as a solo worker? If you're keen, please post anything you do/use to make your solo install life easier.

Currently I am sighting up a 3000x1500mm ACM panel that needs installing ~3M AGL to a warehouse. Trying to work out how to install myself without dragging my wife into any more installs..

Cheers.

Bly

I worked solo as an installer for years.
I used to drill a hole in the centre of the panel,
put a d shackel through the hole in the panel, set an extension ladder up so it leant above the sign position,
then hoist it up with a rope over the top ladder rung.
Not much good if there was any wind but definitely works once you do it a couple of times.

kanini

Can you sub it out/get help from a roofing company/carpenter/builder or similar? An hour of their help or sub out the whole installation. That's a big panel to install yourself so I'd suggest you need another pair of hands maybe...