• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solution for feeding material through Legend 72 HUV

aeroin

A client of mine was having problems feeding materials through his legend printer. Apparently, there is a problem with the uv lamps heating up the material and it doesn't lay flat as it goes through the printer resulting in poor print quality.

He had an idea that a sheet of material with a bunch of holes in it could be used to lay the material on and feed it through the printer. The holes, apparently would allow the printer's vacuum to suck the material down flat to the sheet. The sheet also needed to not be so slick that it wouldn't slip as the rollers tried to feed it through the machine.

We weren't sure if it would work, but we took a 4' X 8' X 3mm sheet of sintra, covered the bottom side with sandblast rubber and put it on my CNC router. I drilled about 32,000 eighth inch holes in a honeycomb pattern in the sheet and took it to him to try it out.

He tells me it works beautifully. It has effectively doubled his productivity on that machine. He used to have a more experienced employee run the printer, but he says that now he can let some flunky newbie run the printer without worrying about it.

It occurred to me that he probably isn't the only one having this problem with his Legend 72 HUV printer. I wonder if anyone else would be interested in our solution.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

dane@impsigns.com