• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Solution Needed for Bus Signage

elibetjun

I have a customer with a bus company. I need to come up with a solution for them and I don’t know if there is a product out there that would work. We usually letter their buses with "cut vinyl lettering". But they have a few buses now that they use on the weekend for private parties and when they do that - they can’t have
the bus lettering showing on there. So they need to somehow on the weekend cover up the weekday lettering. Magnets wont work here because the buses are fiberglass. I have photos of the buses. Do you know of a solution ?

Dan360

We've been using Drytac SpotOn for short term coverups. Both printed and unprinted, goes on and comes off easily.

Has never affected anything underneath. But we've never used it on a vehicle.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We had a bus company have us install twist lock grommets (you see them on folding boat canopies)
Made a template to match the grommet layout & use banners to cover up for the weekend charters.
Was not a great idea but it worked.

wayne k
guam usa

Last edited:

Edvin

I'm not sure if this will work; perhaps, a sign can be put on suction mount

suction.jpg

elibetjun

We've been using Drytac SpotOn for short term coverups. Both printed and unprinted, goes on and comes off easily.

Has never affected anything underneath. But we've never used it on a vehicle.
thank you for your suggestion. i will look into it. yes it has to stay on a moving vehicle lol - so i will ask if it can do that ~ thank you !

elibetjun

We had a bus company have us install twist lock grommets (you see them on folding boat canopies)
Made a template to match the grommet layout & use banners to cover up for the weekend charters.
Was not a great idea but it worked.

wayne k
guam usa
thanks yes that would work i will ask the customer if they want that - thank you

elibetjun

Attachments

• white bus image 3.png
    white bus image 3.png
    301.6 KB · Views: 319
  • black bus image.jpg
    black bus image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 299
  • white bus image 2.jpg
    white bus image 2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 330
  • white bus image 1.jpg
    white bus image 1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 279

Billct2

I think the customer should put a little more thought into their identity. Is the issue that they have large commercial graphics which wouldn't be appropriate for high end private charters?
Is it just a few of the vehicles that are used for the private charters? Around here some of these companies have a more discreet corporate identity graphic for these types of vehicles.
After all, they do have to have identification of some sort, just create a more sophisticated design for them.

elibetjun

I think the customer should put a little more thought into their identity. Is the issue that they have large commercial graphics which wouldn't be appropriate for high end private charters?
Is it just a few of the vehicles that are used for the private charters? Around here some of these companies have a more discreet corporate identity graphic for these types of vehicles.
After all, they do have to have identification of some sort, just create a more sophisticated design for them.
thank you Bill. I will bring that suggestion up to the customer thanks again

ikarasu

http://www.gansdigital.com/2017/01/19/x-base-is-here/?dzsvg_startitem_dzs-video0=0
I've never used this stuff, but it sounds perfect for what you need.

You could talk them into a partial, or full wrap while using this stuff as a laminate... The just use any heap vinyl to cover up the print on weekends. You could even save the backing paper and re use the vinyl every week.

I've never used the stuff, just seen videos. So it may not be feasible - it'a probably not a UV clear, but it maybe able to print, laminate, then use this stuff on-top of the laminate .

If your interested, talk to big fish, gabsdigital sells the stuff. I've been looking for a use for it so I can justify buying some.

Again... I haven't used it, don't even know if it's a cast or calendered material. So it may not be suitable for your needs, but it's an option you can look into if it sounds good to you.

elibetjun

http://www.gansdigital.com/2017/01/19/x-base-is-here/?dzsvg_startitem_dzs-video0=0
I've never used this stuff, but it sounds perfect for what you need.

You could talk them into a partial, or full wrap while using this stuff as a laminate... The just use any heap vinyl to cover up the print on weekends. You could even save the backing paper and re use the vinyl every week.

I've never used the stuff, just seen videos. So it may not be feasible - it'a probably not a UV clear, but it maybe able to print, laminate, then use this stuff on-top of the laminate .

If your interested, talk to big fish, gabsdigital sells the stuff. I've been looking for a use for it so I can justify buying some.

Again... I haven't used it, don't even know if it's a cast or calendered material. So it may not be suitable for your needs, but it's an option you can look into if it sounds good to you.
thank ikarasu ~ i will def look into this product you suggested.

GB2

Old Member
I use 3M IJ36 quite a bit. It is a temporary adhesive vinyl with a block-out gray adhesive that is designed for temporary bus advertising. It may work nicely for your purpose.

elibetjun

I use 3M IJ36 quite a bit. It is a temporary adhesive vinyl with a block-out gray adhesive that is designed for temporary bus advertising. It may work nicely for your purpose.
thank you Gary i will look into it. but they need to cover the bus lettering they have just for the weekend. then they need their regular weekday bus lettering to be visible during the week. not sure they will want to cover with sticky vinyl material and then remove it every weekend but i will ask - thanks again

rjssigns

iDot, Glass Adhere, BusMark. iDot from BigFish should work temporarily. It's adhesive, but it isn't if that makes sense. I think some members are also using a specific Glass Adhere product too.

CanuckSigns

One of the Maria's with the dot pattern adhesive is perfect for this application, very easy to apply and remove by the client, it's sticky enough to stay put while the bus is driving, and the client can reuse it multiple times before it needs to be replaced.