• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solution to chargeback on credit card

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Just had a fraudulent transaction last week. Someone used a stolen credit card and we noticed the signs so we didn't send the product. The actual card holder called today wondering why we charged his card. We of course gave him the refund, avoided a chargeback, and we aren't out the money because we check every order for signs of fraud before shipping. It's extremely rare that the card holder calls us. They either chargeback immediately or don't even notice it. In both cases it's up to us to catch and we've gotten pretty good at it.

Eforcer

I feel I should bring another issue to charge backs we have stopped long time ago. DO NOT take cards from a husband using wives card or vise versa. ID everyone to match. If it is not the same person with card, give back and ask for cash.

PatWhatley

Also, make a WTF call to the customer. Sometimes people see charges they don't recognize and jump right to a dispute
This. Both chargebacks I had to deal with were because my credit card processing showed up as the corporation name and not the business name and customers were confused. A quick phone call got it taken care of immediately.

PatWhatley

I feel I should bring another issue to charge backs we have stopped long time ago. DO NOT take cards from a husband using wives card or vise versa. ID everyone to match. If it is not the same person with card, give back and ask for cash.
Hard to do when people are calling in or placing online orders.

Eforcer

Hard to do when people are calling in or placing online orders.
You should never accept cards over the phone. EVER! Unless it's a client you know well. Chargebacks area a lot easier if they are done over the phone. You have no prevention of protection. JMHO