• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SOLVED: Script and Serif Font Identification

RavenSigns

EDIT: Found the fonts, removed customer's name and contact information (Attached image)

I went through a lot of fonts, but either the lowercase L or the uppercase R won't match the script font.
I'd also appreciate help identifying the serif font too. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

RavenSigns

I just found that the customer had her card made at Crane.com, and they call this font "Colonial Script" which seems to be an internal naming because it's a dead end. Still no match. Embassy and Aerolite Script are somewhat close, but lack the finesse and proportions of this one. Looked over 2000 fonts by now. My eyes hurt.

Last edited:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The script looks like Shelley, but really a mix of the sub-styles of that script (Allegro, Andante and Volante). That's from when Shelley consisted of three separate Postscript Type 1 fonts. This is why some letters aren't matching up. Various alternate characters are being used.

The OpenType version (Shelley Lt Std) has the various alternate characters included into one font file.

The serif text typeface looks like a medium or bold weight of Centennial.

buggyjr12

I know it's not ideal, but you could always rip the individual letters out of the .PDF and arrange them in the order you like.

RavenSigns

Found them both:
Let707 Colonial Script
Didot LT Pro Roman

Having no luck with thousands of fonts, I inspected the printer's website and dug them out of the website's sources. Letraset 707 Colonial Script font is nowhere to be found. Nothing comes out of web searches.

1696046353610.png

1696046381491.png