• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solvent and Eco-Sol Spray On Coating

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I was just thinking, something always to be feared, that there really should be some sort of spray on, brush on, whatever on coating that would render most any media solvent and eco-solvent printable. Perhaps something already exists. Perhaps not. If not, it shouldn't be all that hard to womp something up. If it does already exist, where can I get some?

I really want to be able to print on water color paper. I know I can get printable watercolor paper in rolls. Hideously expensive and not what I want. I want to be able to print on plain old vanilla water color paper. In sheets. With deckled edges. I can print on plain watercolor paper but the ink soaks in and the print becomes unacceptably muted. I have other project in mind as well.

netsol

we have a quart of that in my ink cabinet
we used it to pput photos onto aluminum
it worked for that, not sure about your application

SignosaurusRex

I would think that spraying your water color paper with ClearJet® before printing would do the trick. Of course you would need to give the paper a window of drying time after spraying before printing but the drying time of the ClearJet® is quite rapid.

bob

Put some rabbit skin glue on water color paper, let it dry and run it thru printer.
Where would one find rabbit skin glue? How would it be applied? Water or solvent clean up? Why would this both seal the surface as well as be solvent receptive?

bob

I would think that spraying your water color paper with ClearJet® before printing would do the trick. Of course you would need to give the paper a window of drying time after spraying before printing but the drying time of the ClearJet® is quite rapid.
Clearjet presents a solvent receptive surface?

SignosaurusRex

Clearjet presents a solvent receptive surface?
I don't see why it wouldn't. ClearJet is a liquid UV clear that is formulated for solvent and Eco-solv prints. It accepts 1Shot lettering enamel well.
A shop I used to deal with for Flat-bed printing used ClearJet on bare wood hollow doors before printing on them. They would then re-spray the doors with ClearJet and the results were excellent.

Last edited: