• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solvent ink printer printing on fabric?

mrbunny666

We have a HP designJet 8000s
and are getting Epson S60600

is there any way, any manufactured material, anything, to print on a fabric that can be sewn?

Like clothing sewn.

boxerbay

problem with solvent printed fabrics is that the print will scratch off. if you want to do fabric get a dye sub printer.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We print on fabric quite a bit with our solvent Mimaki machines. Its always for prints that will be hung on a wall or used in a tradeshow display though. Not really anything that would get a lot of abrasion but even at that we have had test pieces around for years that are not all scratched up. Never really had any sort of problem there. We use fabrics from Fisher Textiles....

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
From what I have seen, solvent printable fabric is not something you would want to wear. It's more for flags and banner type applications. As mentioned above, dye sub is the way to go for fabric, especially for clothing.

Motoko Susu

we print on painting canvas with normal gesso , flag material from fellers, self adhesive cloth wallpaper, cotton duck for custom bags with our 8000s. if it is stiff or thick enough to maintain it shape we will run it through and so far everything is working fine been doing it for 3 years so far