Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solvent Printer Ventilation??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by greasygroove, Sep 26, 2005.

1. greasygroove

greasygroove New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Hi

I was wondering if anyone could tell me any suggesstions for ventilating a solvent printer? How much does it usually cost and what does it involve?

Thanks a lot:help:

Tags:
  2. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    Most solvent printer dealers will have a scrubber that they sell. Generally they are about $5,000...

3. greasygroove

greasygroove New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    pigment?

Thanks.

I actually should have said pigment ink. Will a scrubber work with pigment ink? What exactly does a scrubber do? Sorry if I sound clueless, I'm new to this and I'm trying to gather together as much info as possible.

Thanks a lot

4. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I have a 63" Mimaki & I bought the Island Clean Air Duster for around the 5K pricetag Barry warned you about (minus all the discounts Advantage gave me on my printer/cutter/laminator/scrubber deal)

I forgot to turn it on a few times that first week & that is the only reason I even know that my inks smell (& eventually my eyes feel irritated too) Now that I have my routines more familiar, I never smell any fumes. The duster is rated for a 2000 sq. ft. room. I have only 750, so often I don't turn the dial up to full blast (it makes a noise like a fan.. not a big deal, but something to be aware of.

You can run duct work ut the roof & put a fan up there to pull out the fumes, but then if you rearrange the shop or move to a new location, you will incur ventilation expenses again. so I went with the duster knowing I would then be set for venting no matter what the future holds.

5. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
  6. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    You dont need to ventilate pigment inks as they have no harmful chemicals in them.