• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solvent printing on... Tyvek?

MikePro

thoughts? never played with tyvek before, but a client is requesting a pattern to be printed on a roll(rolls) of Tyvek weatherproofing material.
will be trying a sample in a week or so, but was hoping for other input.

Quality doesn't have to be perfect, and I believe it will only be single-color, but I don't want to waste my time if solvent ink is going to melt the material and/or screw up my printer somehow. Other option is to run through my plotter with a sharpie-pen tool.

Spud Murphy

Have you priced solvent receptive Tyvek recently? ($400+) for 100' roll. DuPont doubled or even tripled the price of this product over the past 3 years. We print on it using Colorspan 72s solvent (bound for the tar pits). Colors are muted and inks look chalky but overall look of tyvek banners is stunning when used indoors and lit properly. Intellicote/Majic is best but lots of cheaper brands out there