• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SolventCartriges.com ink for Mutoh?

Latigo

They're not actually for Motoh, but we've been using the 440ml from Liquicolor.com and they work great for Mutoh, a perfect color and profile match, cost the same as the OEM inks in 220ml, but.................. The ink is more aggressive and it activates the adhesive on your film making it very aggressive. Be careful if you're doing body wraps or working on acrylic. When it touches down, that's pretty much it.

Latigo

jwright350

Depending on your printer model you'll still have some smart card problems from time to time...for my 2606 its not worth the headache to use after market just for that simple reason. In the grand scheme of things ink is cheap. If you are getting $5-10 bucks a sq foot for your printing why are you worried about 25 cents worth of ink?

gnemmas

Do the math. If you only use 4 liters a month, it is a saving of more than $500. That might be pittance for you, but it pays for my car.

ProWraps

If u use 4 liters of ink a month and need to find a way to make your car payment u got much bigger problems.

jwright350

I know I know... extra cash is a good thing...but depending on the model of your printer after market and/or bulk ink can be a pain. What printer do you have?

Thankfully my main "volume" printer (colorspan 72uvx) uses 4X 3 liter cartridges. I'm ordering a full set tomorrow just for the tax benefits... $2,500 worth of ink! Ouch.

CheapVehicleWrap

They're not actually for Motoh, but we've been using the 440ml from Liquicolor.com and they work great for Mutoh, a perfect color and profile match, cost the same as the OEM inks in 220ml, but.................. The ink is more aggressive and it activates the adhesive on your film making it very aggressive. Be careful if you're doing body wraps or working on acrylic. When it touches down, that's pretty much it.

Latigo

I'd be real careful and reconsider that!

Has anyone considered maybe he's not trying to be cheap but possibly doesn't want to run the equivalent of "glue or sand" Mutoh's new recipe and attempt to save a dime for disaster through his printer?

gnemmas

I hear ya Prowrap. My boss she would only drive Benz.

We have Valuejet & Mimaki 160SP, all use Jetbest ink now.

I just don't believe Mfg chip their ink to protect US. They all see how HP was doing with their desktop printer strategy, give away printer to profit on inks.

tbaker

My own experiences with solventinkjet.com have been less then stellar. I've seen too many printers running it, that were having delivery problems to even consider running it.

Then again my experiences with it is about 6 months old, but personally I think it will be a long time before I consider recommending it to my clients.

Latigo

There's nothing in the world wrong with Liquicolor in a Mutoh as long as its not for body wraps. We've used it for 8 months now and it's no more caustic on the tubing than OEM inks, but........ It definitely does permeate the film deeper and interacts just a bit with the adhesive making it more aggressive. That's the solitary negative we can find. It laminates perfectly, dries quickly with the digital EXT radiant dryer and the colors are far more vibrant than Mutoh's OEM inks.
I see no reason for anyone to be concerned about Liquicolor, but I'm betting its not the same ink as the ones you're talking about from solventinkjet.com. I don't see anything named Liquicolor anywhere on their website.

Latigo

CheapVehicleWrap

My own experiences with solventinkjet.com have been less then stellar. I've seen too many printers running it, that were having delivery problems to even consider running it.

Then again my experiences with it is about 6 months old, but personally I think it will be a long time before I consider recommending it to my clients.

solventinkjet.com = different company