• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some basic vinyl info

dlndesign

I have been working with vinyl for years, and just recently at a new company we started offering cut vinyl to our services. I've gone over weeding, transfer tape with my guys, but I am hearing from my installers that the graphics are coming creased or the tape is releasing causing air bubbles and leaving creases on the cut vinyl after its been installed. I have seen a few of these projects before they left the building, and I hadn't noticed any issues. Now I need to make sure that my guys are doing this correctly. But I would also need to know, how exactly do you send your vinyl to a installer out of town? We have been loosely coiling the final product, not tightly, so that we don't get these issues, but they seem to keep popping up. I just need to know how everyone else sends this out without issues on the receiving end.

The products we use are 3M 7125 series, with R-Tape Conform Application Tape 4075 - RLA.

Shadowglen

Heat and Humidity has been killing us. Couple that with the fact that you give it to the customer and see them almost crease it in half as they walk out the door. I am using the r tape 4075 also and it is not impressing me with any vinyl I cut.

dlndesign

Always coiled out. The heat has been terrible here too, but I do not think that is a contributing factor. Fortunately I do have installers that handle graphics as professionals, but I never know what happens once it leaves the shop.