• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some colors randomly not getting ripped.

IsItFasst

I have seen this several times over the last few months. I will hit send on a print and come back to see it didn't print a certain color that is in the file. It is always a vector color and the other colors that are in the file print fine. Even more odd was today I ran a print and the first one printed fine. Then just did a reprint (new rip) came back and it left out most of the black in the file but actually did print one black stripe that was in the design. When I aborted the job the preview in PM showed the colors were missing. Closing production manager seems to be the only way to fix this. Anyone see anything like this?

cshook

I have seen this several times over the last few months. I will hit send on a print and come back to see it didn't print a certain color that is in the file. It is always a vector color and the other colors that are in the file print fine. Even more odd was today I ran a print and the first one printed fine. Then just did a reprint (new rip) came back and it left out most of the black in the file but actually did print one black stripe that was in the design. When I aborted the job the preview in PM showed the colors were missing. Closing production manager seems to be the only way to fix this. Anyone see anything like this?

Yes, My Mutoh 1204 Valuejet run on LXI Rip 12 (Flexi version) will not print some colors off and on. I had to change a setting to hold the file when it goes to PM so I can check it to make sure all the colors are there before I move it to ripping. I had to update my computer and have been having problems getting the prints correct and bold ever since (Signwarehouse wants big $ to me come fix something their staff can fix in 10 minutes with one login.)

RG

When this happens to me, I open the Preference Manager and reset to default or reset to an earlier-saved, known-good, preference. That's always worked so far.

IsItFasst

I guess I'm lucky. I just close down PM and restart and that seems to fix it. When it first started happening I wasn't sure if it was the printer, the computer or Flexi so I'd simply restart everything. But since you can see in the rip some colors aren't getting processed it appears it is all within Flexi. FYI. The software and PM are on a local computer which is connected to the machine via USB. I normally hit print and just walk away as I always have something better to do than sit here and wait for the machine to heat up and start printing to verify everything is printing properly. Hopefully this stays as randomly little as it has been.

Bubba YYC

Im going thru the same issue now with flexi 8 im using a roland soljet pro II sc540 bought the package used few weeks ago. my laptop is windows 10 but in order to get the machine to communicate with the program I had to have the flexi software open thru windows xp. My blues are black lol and other colors are WAY darker then they should be. Im used to my Roland VP 540 where my rip software was versaworks. Ive researched and I cant use any version of versaworks with this roland machine :(

IsItFasst

Im going thru the same issue now with flexi 8 im using a roland soljet pro II sc540 bought the package used few weeks ago. my laptop is windows 10 but in order to get the machine to communicate with the program I had to have the flexi software open thru windows xp. My blues are black lol and other colors are WAY darker then they should be. Im used to my Roland VP 540 where my rip software was versaworks. Ive researched and I cant use any version of versaworks with this roland machine :(
This sounds more of a profiling issue than the issue I am having if all the colors are printing just in not the shade you want. I would try some different profiles to see how the colors change.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
This sounds more of a profiling issue than the issue I am having if all the colors are printing just in not the shade you want. I would try some different profiles to see how the colors change.
No, it literally omits a color, not changing it. I had it happen. A rush job, with blue background and yellow letters. I set it to print, left the room, came back and I had a run of blue and white prints. I resent the same file with a different profile, same thing happened. Had to restart the PC and printer.

IsItFasst

No, it literally omits a color, not changing it. I had it happen. A rush job, with blue background and yellow letters. I set it to print, left the room, came back and I had a run of blue and white prints. I resent the same file with a different profile, same thing happened. Had to restart the PC and printer.
Are you the same person as Bubba YYC? That is who I was quoting and don't see any previous posts from you. The post doesn't mention missing colors but just different shades...which is something totally different than my issue.

JetPress

I'm just going to throw this idea out there but I've had an issue like this happen before and it was because for some reason a random color/object had "Overprint" checked marked. Colors marked as "overprint" would show up blank on my print outs or a dark muddy color than I wanted. I hope this helps!