• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some help with my crappy chinese plotter please...

JPGraphics

Hi all...
I own a Master XY380-P plotter, and have owned it for 3 years now without a hitch. (aside from questionable tracking) I am aware that this will open up a can of worms with some of you, I know how you feel about these types of plotters. Hopefully, I can get some help with minimal bashing :covereyes:

So, here is the problem....

Nothing has changed about my configuration....
Windows Vista Business
FlexiSign Pro 7.6
Printer cable to plotter (LPT1)

now...
The Control Board on the plotter is not functional (frozen) when the printer cable is in the plotter, yet when it is out, it is fully functional.

I have restarted...went through hardware manager and updated driver on LPT1, uninstalled port , reinstalled.

Very confusing....Any ideas?
thank%20you.gif

totalimage

We had a problem simular to what you have stated. We stopped using the printer cable and use the USB instead. Also we use Xp and not Vista. Did you just change to vista? We changed to Vista and had to many problems we switch back to XP.

JPGraphics

Thanks for the response...I have been running on Vista for about a year now.
I have never had a problem with Vista at all and have been running flawlessly since day one. I am not sure if it is my CPU or the plotter that is the issue, conventional wisdom would assume the plotter (although conventional wisdom would not have bought this plotter) is the issue, but stand alone disconnected from my CPU it is operating normally.

Last edited:

D&Tgraphics

Try a new cable.

Or, just buy a new plotter! :ROFLMAO:

j/k Sorry. I had to. :thumb:

or, if all else fails, you can call
:supersmilie:

JPGraphics

Tried a new cable...
I actually have a Graphtec FC2100-50... sadly only cuts 18" W...

Okay I will throw up the distress signal.....

:supersmilie::flamey:

totalimage

Well I will have to say we bought a master with flexi very cheap on ebay. We have been using it for 3 years and the matser was paid for the very first job. We have grown from the master and have 2 printers, laminator, and a graphtec now and all the odds and ends that make signs. The master is still used today also. I would first try the USB cable and see if that solves your problem. We have called Desay for tech help in the past and even though you cant understand them they did help....Good luck

Lunatic Taskbar

As mentioned above, I would go for the cable change, remember to change the settings in flexi to show that its no longer LPT and is now USB or serial.

DOGraphics

Mine isn't a Master but some cheap knock-off of some sort.

The cutter has a Parrallel port and the cable is parrallel to serial into computer.
There ia a serial to usb adapter to connect to computer if you would want to do that.

Sticker Dude

The plotter does not have a usb port...I was thinking usb input from parallel or serial. any thoughts?

Yes you have to use that they dont have USB on the cutter I had the same issue just like Totalimage said as well Go to Radio Shack and get the Parallel or Serial to USB cable Install It should fix the problem
I used it on my laptop and it fried my printer port. Ohh and Master cutters from Desay are the best for the Price they say "You get what you paid for" well I must have paid a million bucks for mine :)
$40. If I am Right :Big Laugh

Bigdawg

Just Me
Bash! Bash!

Not really, but I too have a Masters running with a USB adapter. I really think that should do the trick for you.

JPGraphics

Got it !

I found a serial to serial cable lying around and BAM ! back in effect with a crappy chinese plotter !

Thanks everyone for your input...:U Rock::bushmill::bushmill::bushmill:

W

wetgravy

they pretty much hit it on the head. I switched from the lpt port to a serial-to-usb adapter and connection problems cleared up.

Ken

OK..I'll bite..
When dealing with a second rate product, with third world help lines, and low rung service..would you expect Desay to help? They sell it, you buy it..end of story.
A Roland GX series machine just keeps on hummin'....
Ken

JPGraphics

Agreed... the Desay service sucks, The plotters kind of suck (although this particular plotter has made me some dough) and after almost 3 years of running this plotter, it far exceeded my expectations. I also own a Graphtec FC2100-50 dinosaur (still an awesome machine that will outlive me, I believe)

I started another thread asking for a manual for my Graphtec, but no bites...
I just wanted to have it, just to have it... I know how to operate it.

again,
thank%20you.gif
all of you good people here on :signs101: for the help !