• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

some of the wraps I've done...pictures

DucatiDave

Matte Black Full Wrap Lexis
lex_4.jpg

Budwiser FIFA World Cup Soccer Wraps
P1000577.jpg

Wipeout Promo Tour Bus
DSC03135.jpg

DucatiDave

that matte black looks like paint not vinyl any pics of the before?
yeah...and what we did next was even better...and when you do wraps as much as we do...they almost look like paint...

give me 2 minutes for before during and final pics...you'll like this project...

DucatiDave

Here are some of the photos...

Before without rims...
lex_before.jpg
Before with rims...
lex_2.jpg
during
IMG_0961.jpg
during
IMG_0960.jpg

NOW THE NEXT POST WILL IMPRESS YOU IF YOU LIKE THIS SORT OF THING

DucatiDave

MATTE IS DONE...
lex_3.jpg

MATTE IS DONE...
lex_4.jpg

Now, since this is one of our company cars...lets add some flair to it...just a little...wait, that's not a little...
IMG_1615.jpg

Oh, man this thing pops...is it reflective, or is it glow in the dark...or both...you guess...
IMG_1604.jpg

DucatiDave

Here's the Jimi Hendrix buses I did...I did two of them again this year...(3 last year...but budget cuts limited it to two...boooo)

We printed and wrapped both of these buses in 40 hours from the time we got the artwork...and yes the rush charge was HUGE...and worth it. :)

These really popped...but not in the pictures :(

jimi buses.jpg

jimi2.jpg

jimi3.jpg

jimi4.jpg

DucatiDave

last one for today...since I could keep going since I have sold thousands and thousands of vehicle wraps. I did a ton of these for Subaru...partial wraps...but lots of them.

fastfurious.jpg

Craig Sjoquist

Ok you mentioned what you makes the flat look painted ... curious what do you do, must admit the flat looks good

The only reason I see in wrapping a car flat black is so you can take it off faster but would it not cost at least 100% more... just in labor alone

Kemble

Is it not just Avery specialty black wrap material with a matte laminate?

or ... Oracal has a 970 RA in Matte Black.

DucatiDave

yeah, reflective, but we did think about glow in the dark, but passed on that idea...and just to be clear...I didn't wrap it, my installers did, so they are the tallented ones...I'm just the fleet graphics salesperson, I have no business being anywhere in the installation warehouse. :)

As far as materials...I'll get that for you b/c I wasn't sure what production choose for that project...but I'm betting it was likely a 3M product...but we also wrapped our expedition in matte black to match it...it looks just as good as the Lexus...but the Lexus has more contour on it for sure.

To make it look painted...we employ talented installers...simple as that...the most important person is, without a doubt, the installer. It's not the salesperson...not the production person...it's the installer. We removed the bumpers on this job to make sure that no white was visible what-so-ever...we also wrapped the insides of the door jams...not the inside of the door, just the jam. The finishing touches set it apart from normal wraps.

"Deposit Please"

Your equally as important as the installer, if it wasn't for you, there wouldn't be any pics to post. Let us know on that matte black vinyl soon as you hear anything, thanks

signrios

great work, i wish i had some of your talent.

last one for today...since I could keep going since I have sold thousands and thousands of vehicle wraps

great, another one like prowraps? lol just kidding!!:beer:thumb: