• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Somebody to create pounce pattern

sagesign

I'm looking for a price for somebody to create a pounce pattern that is roughly 5' tall and about 125' long, 25 5' letters in all, for a total of five words. My plotter won't pounce, so typically I pen plot and pounce by hand, but would rather not if I don't have to. I will provide vector files. Feel free to pm me. Thanks.

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
I have a job at the end of the month for a 10x180ft pattern. 5 sheets tall. Got to tape them all together, and then use that spur looking tool to trace the pattern when laid out on the floor.

RiXaX

for something that big, I'd make the pattern in 4' wide sections and do them one at a time if a pattern is necessary. Usually on something that big I'd just make a scale drawing with a blue line grid over it and draw it onto the wall.

RiXaX

How would you handle a pattern that size? How would you mount it on the wall? Perhaps Tyvec rather than paper? I'd just make a scale drawing with a one foot square grid on it and draw it on the wall. A pattern that size could be dangerous with a small breeze.

SignManiac

I still do it the old school way. I measure out in 1/8" increments and mark the hole placement with a pen, and then individually poke a hole with a # 1 heavy duty sewing needle at every marked location. This guarantees your pattern will be very precise. I charge more for my custom pounce patterns as they can be used up to twenty three times before showing any signs of wear. The pattern paper I prefer is imported from Italy.

Mosh

Just draw it on using a grid/scale method. No way you will be able to handle a pattern that big.

Or better yet call a wall dog in that knows how to do jobs like that.

Mosh

Biggest thing I even pounced was a 10x10 tree/logo. Any bigger and I just draw it,
using grid/pattern

Craig Sjoquist

Call a Walldog

Myself this is a easy job.. make a scale drawing ... draw to scale on building ...paint / letter.

With a computer your working to the bone & spending money & still no better job

sagesign

It's five separate words, the longest being roughly 25', so I would be working with 5 patterns, biggest being 5'x25', all indoor work, about 10'-12' off the ground. No problem handling them. I'm a one man shop and slammed at the moment, I just thought if I could sub that part out it would save some time.
I thought about projecting it, but the distortion worries me a bit. Very picky client.

ucmj22

This. you use your machine with a pen to make the outline you need to ponce. Then, you go over the lines with your ponce tool.

I think he knows how to do it, it seems like he is just busy and looking to outsource it to save time and headache.