• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Someone just sent me this...logo?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I was referred by someone to this new business. He just sent me his "logo". I think I am going to need to have a conversation. He was very proud of making this all by himself online...I'm not sure if the calculator is there on purpose or accident? Guten himmel...

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 554

Johnny Best

Guten himmel? (God in Heaven?) I think the thing to the right is a bad interpretation of a magnifying glass.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
ei die Gott im Himmel. Just simply ask him to explain it all to you. Don't embarrass him or his attempt. Hopefully, once he realizes someone who does this stuff for a living cannot figure anything out, he might be more open to some good suggestions. Also, ask him what his friends or others have said about it. Perhaps, that's why the other person sent him to you.... to try and help/save his sorry a$$.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Oh that's one of those old school 9-key calculators! You see children, back before we had the internet, numbers started at 1 and ended at 9!

Hell...as a kid we had 1 through nine AND a zero!

That is why this CAN NOT be a calculator. But since the logo favors real estate, perhaps it's a four story tenement with a penthouse suite. The three little dashes are most likely clerestory windows for the third floor tenants.

JB

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think it needs more red. Lots more red.

Maybe it's a TV control ?? Must be a new age one, where they don't use zeros anymore. Ya know, it's tough on the kids to know something can be as low as zero.​

James Burke

Ya know, it's tough on the kids to know something can be as low as zero.

Zeros have been officially banned in schools, due to the fact that the term can be used as a weapon to shatter a child's fragile esteem.

JB

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Yup! LOL I agree...and not sure what's up with the caluclator? Yikes...
Not a calculator. He's showing that he does both residential and commercial buildings.
The render is a dead ringer of the Nakatomi Plaza from Die Hard.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Zeros have been officially banned in schools, due to the fact that the term can be used as a weapon to shatter a child's fragile esteem.

JB

Have you seen the math they teach? Last year they were required to write out all these groups of bubbles for simply multiplication. It would take her 10 minutes to do 4 times 8. We took her out of public and are in homeschool. The curriculum has some songs to memorize her times tables. After 2 weeks she can times ANYTHING in seconds from her head.

TammieH

I was referred by someone to this new business. He just sent me his "logo". I think I am going to need to have a conversation. He was very proud of making this all by himself online...I'm not sure if the calculator is there on purpose or accident? Guten himmel...

Smiles, I guess it makes sense to the customer...

My kid takes art in High School, he can draw you a logo. LOL

jochwat

Graphics Department
Looks like the lenses have fallen out of everyone's magnifying glasses. Nuttin's gettin' magnified.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Waah, waah....... now ya have too many number slots. Waah, waah.............. What are the extra buttons for ?? Hey Scottie...... beam me up. Aye cappp-Tin.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Have you seen the math they teach? Last year they were required to write out all these groups of bubbles for simply multiplication. It would take her 10 minutes to do 4 times 8. We took her out of public and are in homeschool. The curriculum has some songs to memorize her times tables. After 2 weeks she can times ANYTHING in seconds from her head.
Memorizing doesn't teach you much of anything though. I think that its good that they show the kids the actual basis for things, it helps kids develop problem solving skills. So when they become adults and work for you, they will come and say I fixed the printer instead of hey bossman, something is wrong with this thing, will you come fix it for me. It's like the teach a man to fish idea.

Johnny Best

Memorizing doesn't teach you much of anything though. I think that its good that they show the kids the actual basis for things, it helps kids develop problem solving skills. So when they become adults and work for you, they will come and say I fixed the printer instead of hey bossman, something is wrong with this thing, will you come fix it for me. It's like the teach a man to fish idea.

Memorizing is really good to have. That is how you pass the bar exam with remembering law and doctors remembering what to do from past cases studied. So they have people like you fixing the printer for them when it breaks down.

James Burke

Cool. We were on the "front lines" of homeschooling 25 years ago when it was still somewhat very controversial (especially when my mom was a 30-year veteran teacher). Both kids K through 12....and while we had our moments, it was the best experience ever.

Now, I've got grand kiddos being home schooled and they're absolutely thriving on it.

JB