• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP- Blue Tones in certain images

signtist2004

I have been on the phone literaly for 2 days (thurs and Fri of last week) and Roland cannot figure out why my printer is printing certain images in blue tones. Its not all of the graphic but only certain images. We are building a wrap for a 20' trailer for Harley Davidson. I pulled a graphic out of "for designer.com" and it is the only image printing blue tones. I have changed it from cmyk to rgb. I have tried several formats, I have tried all the different output choices in Versaworks. Someone please please help. I am so far behind already in print time. I did notice this started a few weeks ago when I printed a photograph. I had printed half so it would fit the media, and when I sent the second half It had bluish tones to it. Keep in mind all the rest of the graphics in the wrap are printing perfect, our nozzle check is perfect. test print is perfect. Should I dump versaworks and re install?

shoresigns

Well the problem is either in the image file, Versaworks, or the printer, right?

1. Convert the image to RGB, flatten to JPEG, check the ICC profile (set to default or even remove it). If the problem persists then it's Versaworks or your printer.
  2. Try another RIP besides Versaworks, if possible. If the problem persists, then it's your printer.

I would also suggest you post the artwork files that are giving you problems. Maybe someone on here can find the problem.