• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

something for the folks in Dixie

signguy 55

I realize that 80% of you won't be able to relate to this.

Had to paint a monument sign at a shopping center yesterday, I used alkyd enamel. After a couple of hours I had dozens of "love bugs" stuck to the paint.

This is something that I have only seen in the last few years. We used to never have them in this part of Georgia, now in August and Sept. they start swarming. Don't know if it's climate change or what, but I do know our winters aren't as harsh as they used to be.

They are aggravating and can damage paint on vehicles if left on too long. (Paints have improved so this isn't as much an issue as before).

I know you guys in Florida have been dealing with them for years.

SignManiac

Flying fornicators that do their thing all over your face when riding a motorcycle. A bitter bug to swallow!

d fleming

Old southern trick. If you are driving and know you are going to hit these little flying paint killers, spray a non stick cooking spray on the back of rear view mirrors and front of grill and hood, when you reach your destination, wash the bugs and cooking spray off with garden hose.

SD&F

Yup, they are everywhere here in Georgia. Them and gnats.....flying everywhere and encouraging people to keep their mouths closed.

OldPaint

i guess southerners are smart enough.........IF YOUR DRIVING to go PAINT A SIGN, and see lovebugs on your vehicle.........WE KNOW BETTER then to paint something that day)))))