• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

something quick

fisheye48

The fishing club im a part of has a logo and is very bland and doesnt look very good so i was bored and threw this together real quick...they arent gonna be very big 4"x4" or 4"x6" they are pretty much gonna be give aways to all the members..so critique away please...

edit...after looking at it i dont know why it looks so grainy on here i printed a test and the test print looks great

Attachments

• clublogo.jpg
    clublogo.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 157

luggnut

that is got a lot of things wrong with it ... bad font choices, bad color combos, rough pic. i hate to be so harsh but it needs help.

TheSellOut

Ouch!...I mean it's not a completely horrible font font, but if you are going to keep it maybe leave it for "Emerald Coast" and use a different font for "Redfish Club". Not crazy for the gradients on a vertical or even the colors. Emerald makes me think green, and what about drawing a fish fin out of water or cutting that photo straight across the bottom and throwing a border around it, maybe even with a box around "Redfish Club"

luggnut

i just did a quick google search and got these ... maybe get some ideas from others.. none of these are mine by the way.

Attachments

• n. american fishing club.jpg
    n. american fishing club.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 128
  • Burrum_Heads_Fishing_Club_logo.jpg
    Burrum_Heads_Fishing_Club_logo.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Official IGFA Fishing Club_logo.jpg
    Official IGFA Fishing Club_logo.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Sport Fishing Club.jpg
    Sport Fishing Club.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 132

ndemond

i just did a quick google search and got these ... maybe get some ideas from others.. none of these are mine by the way.

How nice of you to do that for fisheye, I google images all the time for ideas or color schemes.

Fish, you will learn a lot from these images. Try posting more than one concept. Yours is a piece of clipart with some (illegible) fonts thrown across it. A little more energy put into your design and you will get the critiques and maybe more ideas

Nancy

Doyle

hideous, sorry, but it needs a lot more than a new font and a border. Scrap it, look at some other logo examples and try again.

edit: I would never use a photo in a logo

Pat Whatley

It's really not an improvement over the teal logo they already have on the website.

If you're going to redo it then it deserves more than "I was bored and threw this together real quick". It's actually an excellent opportunity to do something completely out of the ordinary...give it the time it really needs.

Jillbeans

It's hard to read, the fonts are really bad, and just what is that thing in the middle?
Nothing really stands out because it is all so busy.
I did look at their logo and it needs help too.
You may not be wanting to go cartoonical but I thought one of John Deaton's Cridders would work well here.
The circle on mine is supposed to be teal, not sure if it looks that way.
This took me all of 10 minutes, even while on the phone with my sister.
So it's something quick as well.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 133

Marlene

I love Jill's idea. I also think looking at existing work as posted by luggnut is a great idea for inspiration. normally at this point I would try to help by making suggestions on what you have so far, but I too have to pile on with the rest and will tell you to scrap it and start over. the very basic idea of a circle with an image and the lettering running around the circle isn't a bad idea.

Si Allen

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....P'cola, Fl?

You sure you ain't related to Old Paint?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GoodPeopleFlags

Keep in mind that ideally, logos should look good in color and in black and white. No photos, please. When they go to reproduce it for other things, it will cost alot more for full color, so it's good to have black and white (or 1-color) as an option.

Jillbeans

Here's with a non-cartoon clipart fish.
(just trying to avoid weeding vynull today)
I have no idea what a red fish looks like but this is supposedly a red snapper.
Not keen on the dreaded red and black, and not sure how they work with teal.

Attachments

• fish2.jpg
    fish2.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 147

Graphicdetailsinc

Jill your conceps are awesome as usual, but a redfish is not just a fish red in color. It has the dot on the tail and other distinct features. I would say this could be an image that a vector could be made from, but would agree to not use a photo in the logo.

Attachments

• P-519.jpg
    P-519.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 128

Marlene

the dot on the tail...now I get the original layout the OP did. I thought he had what had to be the worst graphic ever as I thought that was an eye. way off topic but why the heck did they call this fish a "red fish" and not an "eye on tail" or "dot fish" since that seems to be what makes this fish way different??

Jillbeans

...I thought it was an eye too!
Oops!
The only fish I know is fish & chips.

Attachments

• fish3.jpg
    fish3.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited: