• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sony Vegas Video Editing Software

Morph1

Print all
I just wanted to share my video recently created with Sony Vegas a really easy and logical video editing application that is truly awesome , if you plan on getting into vids I highly recommend !
Video

Cheers and sign on !

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Cool vid!

What time of the year were you there? A good buddy of mine lives there (right in town) and we were out visiting him in March. Got a couple great days of snowboarding in and went on some nice drives.

Such a beautiful part of the country!

WildWestDesigns

...However, if we're discussing a lightweight editor with basic functions, I would prefer other software.

I wouldn't consider Vegas to be lightweight. If what I have seen as to what programming language it is mainly written it, that alone would preclude lightweight. I have never known a C# (or any program written in a bytecode language that requires a "virtual machine") program to be lightweight. Always a first time, I'm just going with my experience (and that has been with Mono as well, so that adds to it on top of everything else), but I doubt it.

When I was running Windows, I used to like Premier, but from what I have heard from my friends that are more involved with this type of creative work have said even Premier is hurting. A lot of them have switched to DaVinci in that regard. My needs are simple, so I actually use a program that wouldn't be on most people's radar, I actually use that program for a variety of other creative needs as well.

While I wouldn't say NLEs have lost their relevance, I would say that especially with the older ones (and this goes for any type of program), it's hard for them to compete, because while the features that people like today are in those programs, because they have a lot of technical debt, how they were "tacked on" is not the most ideal way possible, but that was probably the easiest way to get that feature in there and that does hurt the UX of the program. Not saying that's the case here, but just something to consider with regard to the older programs..