• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sooo so urgent. Registration marks move?? I'm going to lose my sh*t

jmmccann

I am trying to cut a simple 2-layer graphic using flexi-sign 8. Everything is completely made up in flexi-sign. My problem is, if I create my registration marks in the workspace in flexi, they disappear in the production manager. If I use automatic registration marks in the production manager settings, when I go to cut my graphic, the marks don't line up. Hoping someone can figure this out. I've got to have this done for a job today.

Any help would be appreciated. Heck, I'll even call you if you can walk me through it!

thanks again,

Jeff.

studebaker

Deluded Artist
Are your registration marks disappearing because they are a slightly different color and the production manager only cuts one color at a time?

kanini

Do you have the reg marks the exact same color as the graphic you want to cut? Do you see all the graphic including the reg marks if you choose to cut "all colors" in production manager?

DizzyMarkus

Color? PM should not care if you use the right reggies :0)--- go into the shape menu and select the registration mark there. Once selected check design central for the size etc.
Make sure either everything on screen is selected (reggies also) or nothing so PM will select everything. Hold mouse button down on shapes and it will open more selections.

GL

Such a simple task -- feels like it a trick question lol

Markus

Arstron

I have never used the registration marks for cut vinyl, I only use it for print/cut vinyl. When layering what I do is use the arrow tool to make a 1"x1" triangle and place 2-4 of them around the graphic. I then copy and paste a second copy of the graphic and remove first layer from the first one and the second layer from the second copy. Just make sure the registration marks are the same color as the graphic or that send all colors is set.

Sorry Dizzy, didnt read your post before replying.

lrgdesign

Having the same issue....registrations not matching

I've been trying to do multicolor cut vinyls and layering them with 1/2 block placed in key areas on the layout.
I did the pasting onto the different color and cut the colors. After weeding, the block don't match up.
How can I overcome this issue? Help me understand why it does this. Thanks anyone.

DizzyMarkus

lol if you guys are using Flexi -- why are you going through making your own -- colors etc --- use the shape menu and the ones provided -- you can even change them from round to square etc. Simply choos eit off the shape menu and place it where ya want. Am I missing something?

Markus

PS. -- no worries on not seeing the post--- have you found them?

Arstron

I've been trying to do multicolor cut vinyls and layering them with 1/2 block placed in key areas on the layout.
I did the pasting onto the different color and cut the colors. After weeding, the block don't match up.
How can I overcome this issue? Help me understand why it does this. Thanks anyone.

Is this similar to how you are trying to do it?

layered-vinyl.gif

DizzyMarkus

lol on your first pic -- look all the way to the right once the shape menu opens -- you'll see the real regisatration mark simply click it to select and click anywhere around image to place it -- no need to seperate the colors, Flexi does it for you :0)

Markus