• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soooooo new!

keleland

I got a wild hair to start a craft business with vinyl lettering. (things like www.writingonthewall.com) It's all the rage out west and the people I have given it to as gifts are in love. There is only one lady here who does this type of work and her customer service was horrible!!! I did a "party" for friends and sold over $1000 in vinyl lettering to them!!! Everyone begged me to start the business...so here I am with tons of customers but clueless to the business! The problem I am finding is what I am interested in doing is so "minor" in comparison to what the REAL sign makers do that I don't really know who to ask questions to. So, if it's OK I will read all your posts and pick out what I need to know but I doubt I will be of much help to you all!

Thanks,

Kerri

rcook99

Kerry, everyone is here to help, and I must say it is a great place to learn about signs and many other things relating to signs, vinyl,printed,and many others. Good luck and do alot of reading and don't be afraid to do a search for what you are thinking about as you may find your answer in past threads.:Welcome:

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from Oklahoma!

:Welcome: to :signs101:
Be sure to check out some of the services offered here. You may find someone that will cut the lettering and prepare it for transfering to you jobs. No sense in spending a lot on equipement until you have the clientel to pay for it.​

imaSIGNr

check this thread just before you....."Cutter/plotter question for a dummy".......
.....what a coincidense, two post almost back to back of the same subject.

maddmd

Welcome and good luck from NJ :Welcome:

Does anyone know what vinyl is used on walls in homes and can be removed without damaging the paint?

keleland

Thought I would share with you guys what I found out:
I have ordered this type of stuff in the past and just looked on some of the scraps (made some Christmas presents with it) and it is "Oracal 631".

mladams7259

Have you checked out fathead.com? Thats the material discussed in the forum link I posted. Its made to go on walls.

Ken

Hello Kerri from Georgia.
Welcome from Beautiful BC.
Yep, keep reading here..tons of good info.
Ken..HNY!