Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sophisticated New Spamming Trojan

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Fred Weiss, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
  2. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Oh crap.....

Spammers with a more technology and knowledge than McAfee? Yup, we're in trouble.

3. Checkers

Checkers Very Active Member

Jul 24, 2003
    LOL Flame,
    You don't actually beleive that McAfee or Norton actually is good software do you?!?!?!

Checkers

4. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Not that great, but McAfee has been keeping me virus free for over a year now. This computer I'm on now has NEVER gotten a virus, and only recently has any spam crept through.

So, from experience, McAfee has been doing okay for me.

5. signmaster1986

signmaster1986 Member

Oct 23, 2006
    i have norton and it sucks i need to to just get another i keep getting viruses and have to reboot every couple months it seems like

6. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

I just use the free AVG anti virus prog. Didnt like Norton and a friend i know had Macafee. They just seemed like ressource hogs.

Wouldnt an active and up to date firewall prevent this malware from sending out spam?

7. Checkers

Checkers Very Active Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Actually, Judging by the recent reviews on a couple of websites, it would appear that McAfee is getting better again.
    I dumped them several years ago after they upgraded their software and wouldn't honor their "lifetime" support of virus definitions. When that happened, their sofware wasn't getting very good ratings anyway. So, I dumped them and switched to AVG.
    My only hands on experience with Norton was trying to remove it from an "off the shelf" computer I bought a couple of years ago. At that time their s software considered junk and it was a real PITA to remove. But around that time, most of the AV programs were getting as bad as the older Micro$oft OS, hogging resources and crashing on a regular basis.
    Knocking on wood, I haven't had any problems in a very long time, but I do practice safe surfing :)

Checkers