• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sophisticated New Spamming Trojan

Flame

Oh crap.....

Spammers with a more technology and knowledge than McAfee? Yup, we're in trouble.

Checkers

LOL Flame,
You don't actually beleive that McAfee or Norton actually is good software do you?!?!?!

Checkers

Flame

Not that great, but McAfee has been keeping me virus free for over a year now. This computer I'm on now has NEVER gotten a virus, and only recently has any spam crept through.

So, from experience, McAfee has been doing okay for me.

signmaster1986

i have norton and it sucks i need to to just get another i keep getting viruses and have to reboot every couple months it seems like

Baz

I just use the free AVG anti virus prog. Didnt like Norton and a friend i know had Macafee. They just seemed like ressource hogs.

Wouldnt an active and up to date firewall prevent this malware from sending out spam?

Checkers

Actually, Judging by the recent reviews on a couple of websites, it would appear that McAfee is getting better again.
I dumped them several years ago after they upgraded their software and wouldn't honor their "lifetime" support of virus definitions. When that happened, their sofware wasn't getting very good ratings anyway. So, I dumped them and switched to AVG.
My only hands on experience with Norton was trying to remove it from an "off the shelf" computer I bought a couple of years ago. At that time their s software considered junk and it was a real PITA to remove. But around that time, most of the AV programs were getting as bad as the older Micro$oft OS, hogging resources and crashing on a regular basis.
Knocking on wood, I haven't had any problems in a very long time, but I do practice safe surfing :)

Checkers