• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sophisticated SPAM phishing!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This morning I got an e-mail from a sign company that we did business for in the past. They sent me a drop box link with a PDF for a bid. I was suspicious as to why it wasn't just attached to the e-mail so I called them. I couldn't get a hold of the lady (who is a real person) and went to e-mail her directly (not replying to the original e-mail) . "She" responded with "the file is large, kindly view though drop box". The e-mail had their logo and contact info and looked 100% legit. I proceeded to click it but Google warned me about a suspicious site and I didn't go any further. I e-mailed her back a screenshot and didn't get a reply. A few minutes ago she sent an e-mail saying she was hacked and not to open anything and acknowledged the hacker even sent replies.

Just wanted to warn you all that they are getting more clever now!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Believe it or not, had something similar to that just recently from a known customer, but they had no idea it was being done. It's everywhere.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
The word "kindly" is enough to know it's a scam. When they learn how to speak the same dialect as the person they are trying to ripoff, then they will have become more clever.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The word "kindly" is enough to know it's a scam. When they learn how to speak the same dialect as the person they are trying to ripoff, then they will have become more clever.

Yea that should of been a tip off too but I was distracted by Gino's gay pride parade sign talk this morning.

OhioSigns

Just received one last night from a customer. It was an encrypted zip file that supposedly contained a word document. I called him right away and he said he had a trojan horse and not to open it.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yea, and they are getting ballsy on there. They follow up with "why haven't you responded yet?"
I noticed a lot of them say "reply with NO for us to remove you from our list" at the end of the email.
Very tempting, but... it also triggers me to think, if i reply, they know im active and will keep emailing me.
Although my friend actually replied "no" to a bunch and they stopped all the emails. :help

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I keep getting similar from this phishing site:
LinkedIn.com
All kinds of stuff from people I don't know.

netsol

I keep getting similar from this phishing site:
LinkedIn.com
All kinds of stuff from people I don't know.

linkedin is a "legitimate" site (pesky, but legit)
but the seem to grab a list of contacts, and probably grab cc's from emails in your inbox

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing